- Milton Keynes, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 15 Jul, 2019
- Posted on 16 May, 2019
You will be working alongside the Development and Design team on a number of public-facing websites using your skills. The ideal candidate will have involvement in all aspects of web development such as project work, technical specification, development, documentation and testing.
You will need to be self-motivated and enjoy working in a close-knit team environment. Within this role you will be expected to exercise a flexible approach to time scales/workloads which are subject to change.
Some of your duties and responsibilities in this role will include:
- Providing development-focused feedback to designers
- Taking part in architecture discussion
- Creating CMS-driven websites from design documents
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Strong teamwork
- A strong interest in web design/development
- Some experience of web development
- Experience of PHP websites
- Experience with CakePHP or another PHP framework (CodeIgniter, Symfony)
- Experience with Magento, WordPress and Sitecore or similar content management system
- Up-to-date knowledge of programming techniques
- With gulp, composer
- Experience and knowledge with cpanels, hosting, server management
- Ambitious/desire to begin a career in software developement
- Hard working
- 5 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and maths
This role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position and is a fantastic opportunity for an online career.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.