You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Retail Technical Sales Placement
At Intel, you can experience a world of opportunities. Are you passionate about technology and transforming the world? We want you to apply to join us as a part of the Retail technical sales team, and be part of the team that influences and shapes the consumer computing products you see on the shelves and online.
The job will influence all countries across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The work we undertake is varied, such as:
- Building the latest Desktop PCs with yet-to-be released components
- Handling and preparing the latest notebook and mobile devices
- Working with colleagues or customers to find a technical solution to a sales or marketing problem
- Assisting the delivery of showcases and demos to a large audience of Intel's customers.
Travel is a big part of the job too and you would be expected to spend some time out of the UK. You will be a big part of a small team.
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement suitable for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical disciplines including Computer Science, IT, Software and Electronic Engineering. It is targeted at 2nd year students enrolled in a 4 years bachelor's degree which includes a year in industry.
Technical skills required for the role include:
- Desktop and/or notebook hardware familiarity/practical skills
- PC hardware and software architecture familiarity
- Understanding of basic server and network architecture
- Ability to build and debug typical PC hardware and install and debug typical operating systems, including both Microsoft Windows and Google Android
- Microsoft Windows Operating System familiarity beyond that of a general user
- Programming knowledge in HTML and/or XML, scripting languages would be an advantage
- Keen personal interest in computing would be an added advantage.
Additional skills required include:
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Some experience in technology retail or a customer facing position
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame
- Ability to integrate quickly with an existing team so that maximum contribution to team goals can be achieved rapidly
- Excellent analytical problem solving skills
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to deliver on-site presentations and demos to customers and therefore able to undertake a level of UK and International travel
- Confident working in a customer facing environment
- Project management experience
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Get Into Teaching
Considering a career in teaching? Looking for help and advice on how to go about it? You've come to the right place.There are a range of routes into teaching and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. We can provide a comprehensive programme of support and guidance throughout the application process. Our services are complet
- Academia & Education
- Manchester, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1985