You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-performance buildings and infrastructure, to resilient communities and environments, to stable and secure nations, our work is transformative, differentiated and vital.
We have a number of opportunities across the UK for Quantity Surveying graduates to work within our project cost management teams, to help provide construction cost management services to our clients in the UK and around the world.
AECOM provides Cost Management services to Clients in both the public and private sector, and to organisations in all areas of the Construction Industry including:
- Commercial – new build, refurbishment and fit out for major property developers
- Manufacturing, Industrial and Automotive facilities for Clients such as Rolls Royce, BMW and Jaguar Land Rover
- Education establishments including schools, academies and universities
- Residential developments for developers such as Orbit, Waterloo and Bromford Housing
- Leisure and Culture projects such as theatres, concerts halls and museums
- Infrastructure schemes, including large scale rail, highways and water projects.
You will also have chance to be involved in all stages of a project; from initial project definition and brief, cost planning, through to procurement, construction and building use, you have opportunity to work with a wide variety of clients including some very high profile names, often working alongside other construction professionals in multi-disciplinary teams. We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
The Cost Management role we offer can be varied and is dependent on the Client, sector and project we are working for. The role is generally split in to pre and post contract duties, which can include:
- Cost modelling and cost planning
- Value and Risk Analysis
- Life Cycle costing
- Procurement tasks and managing tender processes
- Compilation of contract documentation
- Attendance at site progress meetings
- Completion of Valuations
- Financial reporting
- Due Diligence reporting
- Review and management of change control procedures.
A Quantity Surveying Graduate at AECOM could have the opportunity to assist in all of the above tasks, and see projects from inception to completion on site.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (min 2:2 or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying (preferably RICS accredited)
- Effective decision making and strong verbal and written communication
- Proactive and driven approach to work and creating success
- Ability to working in a team of diverse individuals to meet common objectives
- Buy-in to achieving deadlines set by Clients and Managers
- Good organisation skills; ability to manage multiple tasks and willingness to ask for help when needed, as well as support other members of the team
- Professional manner
Our Graduate Development Programme (GDP) along with our huge scope of projects across the globe, will challenge and inspire you to make a real difference to the world we live in. Our programmes form a core part of our business strategy globally, designed to develop the best talent across numerous disciplines to lead our business into the future. We have over 1,000 graduates on our programmes across the UK & Europe, from over 30 different disciplines, each and every one of them making a tangible difference to the environment we all live & work in.
We will provide you with all the tools and support you need to achieve your professional development ambitions, including chartership with the relevant international professional institution – where we have graduates working towards over 30 professional institutions in the UK. We demand the highest standards and expect our graduates to pass their professional review first time. You will be assigned a mentor to support & guide your development, and undertake regular training modules throughout the programme. There will be on-the-job and classroom training where required, with significant multidisciplinary exposure.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
AECOM is built to deliver a better world. We design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets for governments, businesses and organizations in more than 150 countries. As a fully integrated firm, we connect knowledge and experience across our global network of experts to help clients solve their most complex challenges. From high-perf
- Property & Construction
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1990
2 Leman St, London, UK