You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Do you love helping people learn about travel destinations all around the world?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, curious, and motivated individual to join our team as Global Lead, Destination Content.
In this role, you’ll be working in the exciting world of destination content, where we’re passionate about figuring out how we can help our customers better understand different destinations.
How can we attract new customers to our site and apps and inspire them to think about their next trip? Once someone decides on the destination, how can we help them understand the best area of the destination to stay in? Finally, once they’ve booked their stay, what else can we do to make sure they have the best trip possible?
What you'll do
Your primary responsibilities will be researching destination content display opportunities; developing hypotheses based on existing research/trends; collaborating with relevant partners to develop display features; and digging into the analysis on concluded tests to further your understanding of our customers.
Since this role looks after destination content on a global scale, you will also need to keep an eye on the scalability of any display opportunities (e.g. cost, localization).
The Destination Content team works with a range of teams across Hotels.com, including product, UX, analytics, data science, SEO, and CRM, and also more widely with teams across Expedia Group on strategic initiatives that affect multiple brands. So you’ll also need excellent stakeholder management skills to get projects off the ground and keep them running smoothly to completion on time.
- Serve as the internal champion for the display of destination content
- Identify and properly prioritize new opportunities based on research, industry trends, and key business priorities
- Collaborate with relevant teams to develop destination content display opportunities from hypothesis through to display
- Communicate with relevant teams (e.g. SEO, SEM) to understand and optimise the impact of content display opportunities
- Coordinate with Analytics team to develop proper tracking for display tests and to investigate test results
- Work with our internal CMS tools to modify, upload, and publish new and existing content
- Ad-hoc support on strategic initiatives
Who you are
- Motivated, highly-proactive nature adept at working with multiple teams across the global business
- Strong attention to detail and able to deliver on time is key
- Excellent organization/project management skills
- Strong level of excel and PowerPoint skills is required
- Experience with Adobe Analytics is strongly preferred
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Analytical and logical approach to problem solving
- Strategic thinking with the ability to come up with ideas and drive them to fruition
- Curiosity and ability to learn quickly
- Comfortable dealing with uncertainty by building structure and prioritizing effectively
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you’re applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.comTM, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
At Expedia we are revolutionising travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travellers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries.
What does this mean to you?
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1994