You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Part-time employment
- Posted on 17 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Feedr believe that healthy, fresh and affordable meals should be available at all workplaces for all employees. As a data-driven, online marketplace working with London’s top, artisan food producers, we are building software to connect them to employees in workplaces. We are using an entirely unique model to completely reinvent what exceptional looks like in our category.
In short, we are building technology which can understand everyone’s food preferences and as a result construct relevant menus – getting them the right food, in the right place. This is a ‘cloud canteen’ mentality – a scalable, individual way to eating great, quality food daily. No lunch time will be the same again!
We are a VC backed start-up (world class investors including those behind Transferwise, Nested, LoveFilm, Shazam & Carwow to name just a few). We have grown 300% in the last 12 months and are turning over of £500,000/year, selling thousands of meals each month – clients include the likes of AirBnB, PWC, DHL, Etsy and more. We are currently a team of 10 people and have recently been named as one of the top 100 UK startups in the 2018 Startups 100 list.
We are looking for a driven, experienced data scientist to consult with us on a part-time basis. The ideal consultant would be someone who is excited about finding new ways to connect customers to the foods they love.
To give customers a best in class experience we need your help in building our analytics and deriving actionable insights from the data we collect.
Key Areas of Focus
- Building machine learning algorithms around food choices and preferences
- Working side by side with our customer, vendor, and tech teams to make sure algorithms are reflecting reality, and feeding back into our systems to help improve decision making
- Integrating ML algorithms and our learnings from them into our product together with our product & tech teams
- Work with data collection & engineering teams to ensure we’re building robust systems and collecting accurate data
- A mixture of business acumen and technical knowledge. You need to be able to get under the skin of business and understand the how, what and why & be able to translate this to structured questions which you can answer with data.
- Clearly communicate findings and important information and insights to business
What We’re Looking For From You
- Proven experience with data science, project management and designing processes
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Strong people skills with excellent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge of Python/R: Intermediate python data processing skills (or another scripting language)
- Data visualisation experience: dashboarding and interactive charts. We use a combination of Metabase, DataStudio & Jupyter
- Cloud computing (preferably AWS) experience: you will be managing your own data pipeline.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field; graduate degree in Data Science or other quantitative field is preferred
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Feedr is an online marketplace empowering a healthy and artisan community of food vendors to produce and supply meals for the workplace. Our platform connects the most innovative vendors with London's workforce in a way that's simple, affordable and scalable.
In addition to being a platform for businesses to source healthy c
- Consumer goods
- London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in