- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 03 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Insight Investment Management Limited (‘Insight’) is a leading global asset manager with over £550bn in AUM. Launched in 2002, we have won industry recognition for our investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, specialist equities, multi asset and absolute return. In technology, we seek to emulate the fin-tech industry’s finest in developing next-generation solutions for our investment capabilities.
Innovation drives the development of our investment capabilities. We nurture a collaborative culture: it encourages long-term thinking, rewards both individual excellence and team players, and reminds us to put our clients first. The key to our success are our people and the partnerships we build with clients.
The Technology Transformation team are driving the adoption of new cloud technologies and modern full stack development practises at Insight Investment.
We are making full use of Azure cloud capabilities together with a modern Microsoft Tech Stack (C#, .NET Core 2.x, REST, Containers) to transform our application estate into a service-based architecture hosted in the cloud. We are embracing DevOps practises such as Infrastructure as Code together with tools such as Terraform and Chef. We are building continuous delivery pipelines to build, test and deploy our applications and infrastructure into Azure securely, reliably and repeatably. We are currently exploring how to implement agile practises at scale.
You will join a full stack development team with a mission to migrate and build out our service-based application architecture in Azure.
If you know how to shift left, and are as comfortable consuming Azure PAAS services as you are breaking down a monolith into microservices in C# / ASP.NET Core, and can’t wait to start using AKS in Azure, then we want to hear from you.
Role accountabilities: The successful candidate will work as a member of the development team on a diverse mix of applications, using agile methods and the latest .NET technology. You will work closely with the business and be involved in all aspects of the software lifecycle across different areas within the firm.
The primary project will involve working as part of a team to build core application services as the foundation for other teams/projects to deliver specific business deliverables.
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- • University graduate in Mathematics / Physics / Computer Science / Engineering
- • Practical experience in all areas of development including analysis, design, programming, testing, and documentation
- • Excellent grounding in the basics – OO, SOLID, C#, SQL, Messaging.
- Test Driven Development
- Iterative, incremental software development lifecycles
- Regular interactions with users to gather stories, captured in JIRA
- Distributed version control systems, preferably Git
- Frequent peer code reviews, such as using Crucible
- Continuous integration and delivery pipelines (including database automation), preferably TeamCity / Artifactory
- ASP.NET Core 2.x
- Azure SQL / CosmosDB / Redis
- OAuth 2 / OpenID Connect
- Infrastructure as Code using PowerShell / Terraform / Chef
- Takes the initiative in researching solutions to technology problems
- A drive to learn new technologies and consider how they can be adopted by the team
- Able to be quickly productive with an extensive and unfamiliar legacy codebase
- Can work independently or as part of a team
- Able to learn new skills quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Remains resilient, even under pressure
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Insight Investment
We design innovative investment solutions for our clients that have one objective in mind: meeting their specifi
- Investment banking & Fund Management
- in London, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 2002