You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Epsom, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 28 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are the team that engineer, deliver, manage and decommission nuclear facilities worldwide, using the latest technology solutions to ensure the lights stay on and the world remains a safe place.
Our power business has been delivering electrical, civil and structural engineering services to the global power sector for over 20 years. We’re now leaning into new energy challenges such as offshore generation and transmission, energy from waste, electric vehicle infrastructure and the integration of smart grid technology - helping to drive evolution in the power sector.
With an unwavering commitment to safety, quality and efficiency, we are well positioned to add value to today’s challenges of delivering the next generation of nuclear power plants while at the same time maintaining the existing generating fleet and safely decommissioning legacy facilities. We’re now looking to the future, working with Small Modular Reactor (SMR) developers to advance new designs and developing digital applications, such as virtual and augmented reality, for the nuclear industry.
What you’ll be doing
We have opportunities for undergraduates from a multitude of degree disciplines to join our Nuclear & Power safety case team in Epsom. Based here as a placement student you will be working on projects primarily in the Nuclear Market. Some of our recent project work has been in support of new nuclear facilities in the UK. You could be involved in major UK projects including new power stations, such as Bradwell B and Wylfa Newydd, or supporting the continued safe operation of our existing nuclear licensed sites in the southeast. We’re looking for candidates who have a keen interest in problem solving, analytical thinking, strong communication skills (both verbal and written) and an interest in Safety. Candidates who have been studying Chemical, Process, Physics or any degree disciplines relating to Nuclear Science or Nuclear Engineering background are encouraged to apply.
- Supporting on some major projects across various areas of Energy from nuclear decommissioning, new power generation and transmission, to new build projects.
- Reviewing and developing designs to improve plants, equipment, structures and Energy related systems
- Carrying out surveys and site inspections, building strong client relationships.
- Using a variety of engineering software packages, as well as 2D and 3D modelling for new designs and modifications.
- Producing safety cases, reports and documentation to support the planning, design, operation, maintenance and decommissioning of Energy facilities.
- Carrying out design and assessment for new build projects as well as additions, modifications and repairs to existing assets.
Who we’re looking for
- You’ll be on track to achieve a 2.2 degree in a relevant STEM degree discipline.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered status.
- You’ll have a passion for working in a consultancy environment, you’ll want to work with customers both internally and externally and you’ll be adaptable and happy to cope with change.
- Communication and team-working will be your key skills as well as having the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions.
Benefits & Rewards
- Dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond.
- Our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme.
- Competitive salary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938