- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 15 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Working with Exane BNPP Quant and IT teams, the Electronic Sales Trading team is expected to contribute to the development of both new algorithms and the algorithm monitoring station, including pre and post trade module, by suggesting and specifying new developments and testing new releases. Jointly with the Electronic Execution Sales and the Quantitative Execution Group, the EST team designs, distributes and follows up on marketing content relating to Execution.
The Exane group is a leading independent player in the European Financial Markets. It operates in three fields:
• Equities broking: sales, execution and research on European listed companies, carried out under the Exane BNP Paribas brand;
• The sale and broking of listed equity derivatives and the design and issue of structured products;
• Fund management (alternative and structured funds).
The Exane group has offices in Paris, London, Frankfurt, Milan, Geneva, Madrid, Stockholm and Singapore and employs more than 800 people.
Exane BNP Paribas is a top pan-European equity broker and is the market leader in France, active on sales, execution and research on stocks covered by an award-winning Research Department. A strong culture of investigation and performance allows Exane BNP Paribas to guarantee its clients the enduring success of their investments.
Organized by client geography, the Electronic Sales Trading team is located in London and covers Long Only, Hedge Fund, Retail and BD accounts across Europe, US, Asia, trading European stocks using Direct Market Access or Algorithmic trading.
EST is the contact point for clients trading electronically and the desk is always manned during market hours. Using the proprietary Exane BNPP Algorithm suite and SOR monitoring station, pre and post trade tools the role of the EST team include:
• Engage the client on trading activity levels, forthcoming trades and general product management
• Educate and advises newly connected clients prior at the time when they enter an algorithmic trade
• Monitor order flow to detect potential errors by clients on orders sent (out of limit orders, risk of non-completion, conflicting parameters...)
• Follows up immediately on client orders rejections and other issues, in close contact with the connectivity team
• Makes suggestions on using new strategies or on how to improve client set of parameters once the client trading objectives are understood
• Answer client questions on the specifics of the Exane BNPP algorithmic product (Volume curves, Short term alpha signals, dark behaviour...)
Issues pre and post trade when appropriate
• Proposes, requires and follows up on ongoing connectivity configuration changes
• Sales and relationship management, working with clients, Marketing trips to visit existing and potential new clients.
• Provide advice on Market structure, Exane BNPP products and execution strategies and review existing client execution performance alongside the Exane BNPP Execution consultancy team
Is This You?
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Team player, good at sharing information
• Ability to grasp the logical workings of an algorithm and high level IT architecture
• Interest in the workings of exchanges and markets over an interest in stocks and news for example
• Desirable language skills in French/Swedish/German.
• Educated at post-graduate level from a leading university, engineering or business school.
• Good analytical skills, understanding of statistics
• Ability to work well under pressure, both individually, and as part of a team.
• Good command of Excel.Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 74 countries, with more than 192,000 employees, including more than 146,000 in Europe.
The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financia
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1848
BNP Paribas, 10 Harewood Ave, Marylebone, London, UK