You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Wotton-under-Edge, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 07 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,000.0 per year
Trainee Money Advice Caseworker
Exeter, Devon (office/field based, covering Devon)
Are you a proactive individual looking to develop a highly rewarding career? Looking to take on an engaging role where you can empower others?
If so, this is an amazing opportunity to join a successful local charity as a Trainee Money Advice Caseworker. Who will I be working for?
Homemaker Southwest is a well-established charity dedicated to preventing homelessness and promoting independence. We believe that everyone has the right to a safe, secure and affordable home.
We offer a range of specialist support, advice and services covering budgeting, housing and debt, to name a few.
We are now looking for a Trainee Money Advice Caseworker to join our team in Exeter providing housing and financial advice to people throughout Devon. What are the benefits?
- Salary of £19,000 – £22,000 DOE (rising to £22,837.50 once you’ve completed your training)
- Pension (3% employer contribution)
- Friendly and supportive team
This is a brilliant opportunity to undertake excellent training, significantly increase your abilities and embark on an exciting career in the charity sector.
Every year Homemaker Southwest works with thousands of people in Devon with financial problems, helping them to learn vital budgeting skills and maximise their independence.
So, if you want to join a small, growing charity and take on a diverse role where you can make a real difference, we’d love to hear from you. What will I be doing?
As a Trainee Money Advice Caseworker, you will provide advice and support to individuals who have financial problems, and who may be at risk of eviction.
Visiting individuals throughout Devon, you will:
- Respond to referrals from agencies
- Assess individuals’ financial situation and the implications on their housing situation
- Work with the individual to create a plan that promotes independence and ensures positive outcomes are achieved
- Help the individual to communicate with housing, welfare, benefit and justice agencies
- Provide resettlement support as required What do I need?
- A full, valid driving licence and access to your own vehicle
- An understanding and empathetic approach
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work well as part of a team
Ideally, you’ll have experience of the welfare benefits system and debt work, but this isn’t essential
Other organisations may call this role Trainee Caseworker, Trainee Money Adviser or Trainee Finance Adviser.
Webrecruit and Homemaker Southwest are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next step as a Trainee Money Advice Caseworker, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.