- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 30 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
A Cass master's degree is your gateway to a real estate career. You may be a recent graduate with any previous degree, have a job in finance or real estate but wish to upgrade your skills and/or knowledge of real estate, or are intending a career switch from another industry.Four key features make us market leaders in Real Estate masters programmes:
- Track record: Established 20 years ago, and accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS), our degrees are widely recognised and highly valued by major employers; you will find Cass Real Estate graduates at all levels in leading real estate firms around the world.
- Capability: You will be taught by highly qualified real estate staff, all with at least 10 years’ experience in teaching in senior roles in the industry – a lot of them with both. And we draw on London’s unmatched pool of industry professionals to act as visiting lecturers and guest speakers.
- Focus: Cass only offers Real Estate courses on a postgraduate level – so you have the exclusive attention of our staff - and has specialised in courses which blend the professional, financial and practical skills in high demand across the real estate industry.
- Location: We are the only Business School to offer real estate programmes in London, with the opportunity to network in a global real estate hub, neighbouring both the City’s financial core and the new tech belt centred on Silicon Roundabout.
- Equip you with the core skills required by the industry embracing valuation, financial modelling, development appraisal, market analysis and cash flow modelling.
- Are set in a framework of robust quantitative methods, financial and economic theory.
- Have an emphasis on up to date industry techniques and practical tools taught hands-on in computer labs.
We offer a choice of two courses: the MSc Real Estate and the MSc Real Estate Investment.
MSc Real Estate offers a choice of pathways, which you choose between in the second term. One option adds more UK-specific skills in law, valuation and taxation for those who want to join the graduate-entry programmes of chartered surveying firms. The second focuses more on financial analysis and international markets for those looking to work in investment, finance, development or outside the UK.
Real Estate Investment
MSc Real Estate Investment requires a stronger background or aptitude in quantitative methods - from mathematics at final year high-school level, a degree with a quantitative element, or work experience. The course covers the same core “real estate professional” skills as the MSc Real Estate, but extends it to advanced methods in financial modelling, industry research and portfolio analysis, and covers in more detail the financial markets created by Real Estate Investment Trusts and Mortgage Backed Securities. Graduates from this course may enter the same businesses as those from the MSc Real Estate, but will but will be better qualified for “real estate analyst” roles in investment strategy, financing and research.
If you are not sure which of our degrees is best for you, you can put both on your application form and we will suggest which is more suitable.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Cass Business School
An integral part of City, University of London, Cass Business School is among the global elite of business schools that hold the gold standard of 'triple-crown' accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the European Q
- Academia & Education
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1966
106 Bunhill Row, London EC1Y 8TZ, UK