You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Technology touches every part of Bank of America Merrill Lynch and underpins each deal we make. From low latency programming to big data challenges to keep Bank of America Merrill Lynch at the forefront of the world’s financial markets, Technology is critical to our success. Owing to our investment in cutting-edge technology, Bank of America Merrill Lynch's Global Technology and Operations (GT&O) division places growth and success as a central part of its strategy. Why? It gives our business the competitive edge to solve business problems by delivering high quality and practical solutions.
Global Banking & Markets (GBAM) Technology provides end-to-end technology solutions and support for Global Banking & Markets businesses including Equities, Electronic Trading, Rates and Currencies, Credit and Structured Products, Commodities, Sales and Capital Markets, Wholesale Banking and Research.
Whichever team you join, we expect fresh thinking from our technologists; fast turnaround and delivery means work is challenging but also satisfying as solutions move from concept to implementation.
Industrial Placement Analyst interns attend a comprehensive induction and formal training at the start of the program, and a variety of educational speaker events and networking events over the placement to aid you in your professional, technical and personal development. Interns also benefit from our Mentor and a Buddy program to ensure you are fully supported along the way.
As an Industrial Placement Analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Provide technical excellence to design, develop and maintain software
- Work directly with users to prepare initial programming specifications from user requirements
- Develop and test algorithms to solve complex business problems
- Design and build complex data to support new business initiatives
- Employ the latest mindset techniques such as agile development to deliver solutions
- Partner with business, product and technology teams across the organisation
- Internal and external client requirements gathering
- Translate client interactions into technical design specifications
- May work with (including but not limited to) Java, C #, Python and Scala
- You must be in your penultimate year of study pursuing a degree from an accredited college or university.
- You should have strong A level (or equivalent) grades and be on track for a minimum of a 2:1 degree (or equivalent.
- First and foremost we look for applicants who display a strong interest in and passion for Technology, a natural curiosity and a desire to solve complex problems in a fast paced environment.
- We welcome applicants from various STEM degree subjects however it may be advantageous to be studying a Computer Science or a numerate degree discipline with a strong computing component such as Mathematics, Science or Engineering.
- For all applicants, particularly for those studying a non-Computer Science/Technology degree, you should show demonstrable evidence of self-learning outside of studies, and efforts to advance technical skills.
- Some knowledge of programming languages (may include but not limited to Python, C #, Java, Scala).
- Demonstrate capacity for innovative thinking and strong problem solving.
- Display clear motivation for exploring a Technology career within financial services.
- Demonstrate effective communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to interact with a variety of people.
- We look for evidence of strong team-work, leadership and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English is a pre-requisite.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethics by earning other’s trust and respect through consistent honesty and professionalism in all interactions.
Our Commitment to Conduct and Environmental, social and governance (ESG)
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
Analyst Internship and Full time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once applications open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We offer a competitive Salary and Benefits package
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914
2 King Edward St, London, UK