You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
ESI Media is an innovative multichannel media business, attracting a digital audience of over 100 million unique visitors a month. Their brands include the London Evening Standard, The Independent and London Live. They have offices based in the UK and US.
The ESI data team provides analysis, reporting and insight across The Independent and Evening Standard brands, enabling the business to make data-informed decisions. Areas of responsibility include data analytics, the commercial use of data, CRM and subscription marketing.
About the role
This newly created role will be responsible for providing the commercial sales team with data and insights that support the strategic objectives of the business and help to increase revenues for the company’s digital media properties.
The Commercial Data Analyst will contribute to different areas of the business (including trading, creative solutions, digital sales, partnerships/sponsorship) by providing audience insights, targetable audience segments and campaign analysis. They will do this by extracting and analysing data primarily from our data analytics and data management platforms to create compelling data-informed insight stories.
• Build and categorise new audience segments using 1st and 3rd party data in response to briefs and/or business insight requirements
• Identify best performing segments; continuously review and optimise segments to ensure optimum scale and accuracy
• Work with wider commercial team including digital marketing, affiliates and ESI events to maximise commercial opportunities using data insights
• Keep abreast of industry and competitor developments, identifying opportunities & threats and communicating them with the wider data team
• Confident interaction with members from all levels and departments of the business
Training and Development
You will be given full training on all the systems and programmes you will use on a day-to-day basis. They will consider candidates with no data analysis experience, so you can come in with only top quality softskills and they will train you on what you need to know. You will also be able to call upon the expertise of the team whenever you need them. They have many years of experience between them so will be able to answer any of your questions. They will also look for you to train them on any skills they feel you will bring to the role that they are lacking.
• A 2:1 ideally in a STEM or Social Sciences degree from a good University
• Top notch communication skills – both verbal and written
• The ability to break complex problems down into layman’s terms
• Able to analyse, summarise and manipulate large volumes of data
• Excellent at building relationships within the team and with other departments across the business
• Experience or an interest in working in a digital media/advertising environment is a bonus
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Instant Impact
Instant Impact is a London-based recruitment company, helping talented students, graduates and experienced professionals find their dream jobs in entrepreneurial businesses.
We work with companies at every stage of the business journey, from early-stage start-ups to global powerhouses. Our team specialises in the following sectors:
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 2011