- Full-time employment
- Apply by 01 Jul, 2019
- Posted on 08 Feb, 2019
Are you currently studying Design, Engineering, Animation, Robotics, or any other creative technology degree? Are you keen to have a real impact in a company whose products benefit billions of people every day? Do you want to create new products for some of the world’s biggest brands? Then we have the perfect opportunity for you!
What you can expect
Our internship programme runs for up to 12 months (normally 1 year), typically starting in July 2019, however, we will also consider candidates available for shorter periods. The UK focus for Engineering and Design is at our Gillette R&D centre in Reading, although all three UK Innovation Centres participate, as well as our Innovation Centres in Belgium and Germany.
We offer you:
- Responsibilities as of Day 1 – you will feel the ownership of your project from the beginning, and you will be given specific projects and responsibilities from a European team that includes senior management, and experience the impact you can have in our business early on.
- Technical focus – you will have the opportunity to put your technical skills to work on intellectually challenging problems.
- Continuous coaching – you will work with passionate people and receive both formal training as well as day-to-day mentoring from your manager, enabling you to grow in a multifunctional, diverse environment and developing your talents and ideas.
- Dynamic and respectful work environment – employees are at the core, we value every individual and encourage initiatives, promoting agility and work/life balance.
- Team working – you will improve your team working and management skills through practical experience and interactive training courses.
- Benefits - we offer an attractive remuneration package on top of a great learning experience, and the best interns have potential to receive a Job Offer after they graduate.
Example projects have included using digital animation and app design to communicate new product benefits to consumers online, researching and designing new product forms for developing markets, or developing functional razor prototypes using our advanced 3D printing facilities to test with consumers.
- Students from the different scientific, engineering (mechanical/electrical/design) product design and animation disciplines.
- It is preferable that students are in their penultimate year of their degree (Bachelors or Masters).
- Academic excellence at all stages through school and University education
- Good knowledge of English
- Technical curiosity, creativity, innovation, initiative, communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
- Final year students including Master students might be taken into account.
Note that in R&D we are looking for creative digital skills, but we cannot offer typical ‘IT type’ internships. If your passion is around an IT role please check the Information Technology vacancies.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, citizenship or any other legally protected factor.
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
About Procter & Gamble (P&G)
- Health & Social Care, Science & Research, Consumer goods
- Weybridge, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1837