- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 08 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Job Location City of London, London, City of, United Kingdom
What is the opportunity?Legal Entity External Reporting
This role presents an ideal opportunity to the candidate to develop a wide range of core accounting, reporting and control skills. By the nature of the job, the candidate will also be able to develop a key overall understanding of the Capital Markets businesses and how each operates within the legal entity framework.
What will you do?
- Bank of England Reporting function including a range of statistical reports, surveys and loan pre-positioning
- European central bank reporting for our European branches including the Bundesbank and Banque de France
- PRA reporting – a range of templates including REM Code, Liquidity Waiver monitoring
- Monthly and quarterly head office reporting using trade and subledger data
- Statutory reporting on a range of legal entities from RBC Europe Limited to the small subs
- Investigation and resolution of breaks and issues within the legal entities
- Assistance with monthly UK management information reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Document the existing internal/external reporting procedures
- Proficient in MS Excel Marco building (VBA) and providing solutions for macro-driven spreadsheets and Access databases
- The candidate should be able to demonstrate how to:
- Build a VBA-based spreadsheet/Access DB from scratch
- Fix issues in existing processes
- Take business requirements and translate them into technical build specifications
- The candidate should also be able to evidence how they have maintained and / or improved the control environment through the use of VBA
What do you need to succeed?Must-have
- Professional accountancy qualification fully qualified
- Strong analytical skills
- Legal Entity or financial control experience
- Strong PC skills, MS Excel VBA and MS Access perferred
What’s in it for you?We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
About RBCRoyal Bank of Canada is Canada’s largest bank, and one of the largest banks in the world, based on market capitalization. We are one of North America’s leading diversified financial services companies, and provide personal and commercial banking, wealth management, insurance, investor services and capital markets products and services on a global basis. We have over 80,000 full- and part-time employees who serve more than 16 million personal, business, public sector and institutional clients through offices in Canada, the U.S. and 37 other countries. For more information, please visit rbc.com.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity EmploymentRBC is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Aboriginal/Native American status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application process are available upon request.
JOB SUMMARYCity: City of LondonAddress: Swan LaneWork Hours/Week: 35Work Environment: OfficeEmployment Type: PermanentCareer Level: Experienced Hire/ProfessionalPay Type: SalariedPosition Level: PL08 Required Travel(%): 0-25Exempt/Non-Exempt: N/APeople Manager: NoApplication Deadline: 12/15/2018Req ID: 176597 Flexible working options considered e.g. working from home and flexible start / finish times.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
RBC Investor & Treasury Services (RBC I&TS) is a specialist provider of asset services, custody, payments and treasury services for financial and other institutional investors worldwide, with over 4,000 employees in 17 countries across North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
We deliver services which safeguard client as
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2006