You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 10.2 per hour
Central London - London Living Wage (£10.20 per hour)
The Biochemical Society is one of the largest learned societies in the UK biosciences, dedicated to advancing the molecular biosciences that underpin and explain the essential processes of life.
The Biochemical Society organises a busy programme of events throughout the year, including scientific conferences, training events and Society events.
The Events intern will assist with the Conference Department’s work; collating sponsorship information, assisting with conferences and gaining practical experience in events. The intern will work directly with the Conference and Events organisers of the Biochemical Society.
Key tasks will include:
- Creating a single database for all current, past and potential sponsors and exhibitors
- Collating existing sponsorship data into a single file
- Gathering information from past sponsorship agreements on other support interests
- Researching potential new sponsors for forthcoming events
- Assisting with delegate queries and general events related enquiries
- Assisting with pre-event preparation
- Updating records and documents to enable the Society to get better information and analysis from previous proposals and events
- Assisting with marketing of events on social media
- Assisting onsite at events
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level with demonstrable knowledge and genuine interest in event management. They also need to have excellent communication and IT skills including social media.
Please send a CV and Covering letter.
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing date: 19th September 2018
The Society takes the security of your data seriously. It has internal policies and controls in place to ensure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees in the proper performance of their duties.
Please note that due to limited resources it is not possible for the Society to acknowledge receipt of applications. If you do not hear from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
“We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United Kingdom. However, we are not able to sponsor visas.”
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BIOCHEMICAL SOCIETY
The Biochemical Society is for the advancement of molecular and cellular biosciences, as an academic discipline and to promote its impact on areas of science including biotechnology, agriculture, and medicine. Biochemistry helps to play a key role in tackling global issues such as improving lifelong health, treatment of disease, biotechnology
- Science & Research, Charity & Non-profit
- in London, UK
- 11-50 employees
- Founded in 1911