You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Tadworth, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 09 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,085.0 per year
- *The Children's Trust are very excited to announce we are running a Spring and Autumn Rotational Programme in 2019 for Newly Qualified Registered Nurses**
The placements will include time spent in our school and rehabilitation houses where they offer a range of clinical specialities and experience. Once you have gained this invaluable experience over the 2 years, we will then have further opportunities to speak to you about in order to support and progress your career.
You will work as a registered nurse and an accountable practitioner, within the inter-professional team providing a high quality of service to the children/young people and their families. You shall assist in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of a 24 hour package of care and professionally lead the nursing and care team in the clinical area, in the absence of a team Manager/Deputy.
As a nurse you will be mentored and supported through the rotation programme with ample opportunities for training and development, both internally and externally. We have very close links and relationships with a number of universities and you shall have the opportunity to study the NMC Registered Mentorship programme.
Our key services are:
- Rehabilitation for children with Acquired Brain Injury (ABI)
- A residential non-maintained special school for children with Profound and Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Support for children with ABI and their families in the communities across the UK, through our Brain Injury Community Services.
- Online information and support via our publications and braininjuryhub.co.uk
- Nurses will be mentored and supported throughout the rotation programme and also when they have completed this and settle in a permanent team.
- There are a lot of opportunities for training and development, both internal & external.
- We have close links with a number of universities - Nurses will be offered the opportunity to study the NMC Registered Mentorship programme.
The following are statements from two Nurses who started in this programme last year: 'Starting my first job as a newly qualified nurse was quite a daunting prospect but everyone in the team on my house made me feel so welcome and continue to be a huge support throughout my first rotation. I’ve really enjoyed working with children who have such varied needs and feel like I am developing diverse skills as a result of this. I also appreciate having extra training availabilities and monthly preceptorship days. Having a peer group of other newly qualified nurses means that there are others who understand my position and the transition between uni and work' 'The trust has been extremely welcoming and supportive of new starters. I was made to feel comfortable right from the start within an insightful and comprehensive induction week. I have thoroughly enjoyed my first placement at Oak house and have progressed in both a professional and interpersonal sense. Thanks to the staff on Oak house and the preceptorship programme my confidence has immensely increased; the trust appears to embrace a culture that is keen to push for staff development, expanding my skill set with the frequent educational sessions on offer'
Benefits will include retention of your NHS pension, on site parking and heavily subsidised nursery on site.
For an informal conversation, our Recruitment Lead Audi Wheatcroft will be more than happy to speak to you and is contactable on 01737 364316.
We look forward to hearing from you
Job Type:PermanentWorking pattern:24 hour shift patternPay Scheme:OtherStaff Group:Nursing & Midwifery Registered
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948