You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Bromley, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 23 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
At Direct Line Group, we’re shaping the future. With a mission to make insurance easier and better value for our customers, we embrace change in all its richness and variety. It’s not just what we do; it’s how we do it. We bring our whole selves to work every day and embrace fresh thinking – after all, Britain is constantly changing and to protect the nation, we adapt with it.
Across our diverse brands – including Direct Line, Churchill, Privilege and Green Flag – change takes many forms. We appreciate the knowledge and skills that each one of us brings to the business. It’s hard not to be inspired by the things that make us unique. Boldness, curiosity and enthusiasm go a long way. And they’re helping us transform the industry we lead.
Digital is in the driving seat. And we're taking the lead. We’re turning our brands into digital leaders. We’re here to revolutionise how people use our products and services. Work with us, and you’ll find an in-house role with an agency feel.
Digital Software Engineer
Why not join our Digital department here at Direct Line Group as we are currently recruiting an exciting opportunity to work as a Digital Android Developer; from our head office in Bromley on a 12-month FTC.
This is a key role for a multi-skilled software engineer (specialised generalist) possessing all of the necessary technical skills and capability to incrementally develop and deliver quality, working software on the DLG web platform.
Revolutions the digital experience by challenging convention, continuously improving & innovating and delivering business value at a sustainable pace.
What being a Digital Software Engineer involves:
- Develop and deliver updates to the digital platform following the Scrum framework.
- Enhance, maintain and share skills / knowledge within the Development team.
- Share best practice advice and guidance maintain an understanding of industry trends in web development.
- Ability to advise and guide stakeholders to ensure the proposed solution fits with the overall system design principles and is consistent with user requirements.
- Ensure all deliverables are completed in a timely manner and to the appropriate level of quality, follow agreed quality assurance standards and operational principles, so that the delivered solutions are fit-for purpose and can be efficiently supported.
- Actively participate in all ceremonies to help engender the Scrum approach within the team
- Facilitate technical decisions; incorporate feedback and emergent patterns from the team back in to the overall design.
- Identify, highlight and lead resolution of potential technical risk / issues.
- Proactively support 3rd party application development partners to ensure they deliver software within the agreed solution design, and to agreed quality standards.
- Ensures the Design goals – Performance, Modularity, Reliability, Maintainability, Reusability and Accessibility – are met.
- Champion the agile frameworks (Scrum and Kanban) within the team, ensure that Agile principles are practiced by peers and understood by stakeholders.
- Identify, own and manage risks appropriate to the role, in line with the DLG risk framework.
Essential skills we are looking for
- Object-oriented software development
- J2EE, JSP and Spring MVC
- Behaviour Driven Development (BDD)
- Web Services (SOAP/REST)
- HTML5 and CSS3 (knowledge of Yaml/Bootstrap desirable but not essential)
- Subversion/GIT & Continuous Integration
Career benefits and rewards
Rewarding you is really important to us, as well as offering a competitive salary and generous holiday entitlement; you can take advantage of a wide range of benefits. The best part is you can pick and choose the benefits to suit your own lifestyle, but also pass on some of the savings to family and friends. Here are just a few we have on offer:
- A competitive salary, benchmarked against our competitors, which will grow as you do.
- Pension 9% of your base salary, you can choose to contribute less or more than this, and anything you don’t wish to put in to your pension you can take as cash instead!
- Private medical insurance (anyone can choose this through our flexible benefits scheme, and managers receive this as standard)
- Attractive holiday entitlement
- 50% off our Home, Motor and Pet insurance
- Free Travel insurance
- Free Green Flag breakdown cover
- Flexible rewards including Life insurance, income protection, critical illness insurance, personal accident insurance
- Retail card, with discounts at big name retailers
My Discounts - a discounts website for all our employees, with great discounts, cash back savings and offers across hundreds of brilliant high street brands, travel, tickets, gym memberships and much more.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Direct Line Group
If you share our visio
- Banking & Financial Services
- in Bromley, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1985