You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,725.0 per year
Our commitment to achieving best outcomes for children helped us build working practices that resulted in Ofsted assessing us as “outstanding” in 2018.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a bright and enthusiastic individual to work in the Cafcass Policy and Research Team as a Policy and Research Assistant on a fixed term basis for a period of 9 months. This team supports continuous service improvement to meet the needs and expectations of the children and families we serve, and those of the wider family justice system.
We are looking for someone with strong research and communication skills, curiosity, and a desire to improve the lives of vulnerable children and families. You will contribute to the day-to-day service Cafcass delivers by supporting quality research and evaluation to inform policy and practice.
If successful you will report to the Policy and Communications Manager, while working collaboratively within the team, and with analysts and operational colleagues. Should you join us, your tasks will include:
- Supporting our work with academics and external researchers interested in family justice through our research governance process
- Supporting internal research and evaluation projects, which may involve undertaking quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Providing internal updates that summarise internal and external research projects
- Collating and analysing information as required, ensuring accuracy and delivering to agreed timescales
- Contributing to research proposal designs, identifying a range of relevant data sources and research methods needed to provide insight into complex policy questions
To be successful we are looking for all applicants to meet the below requirements:
- Undergraduate University degree (a first or upper second class – 2:1)
- An understanding of a range of research methods to assess and advise on research proposals
- Strong analytical abilities across a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods, to help understand complex problems
If the role of Policy and Research Assistant sounds like a position you would be interested in, please see the attached documents which gives more information on the Policy and Research Team and its role within to the wider Cafcass service.
Now we've told you about the role, we hope you're ready to complete our short application process, including providing us with your current CV. Before you do, let us outline some of the benefits you'll be eligible for should you join us:
- Competitive salary
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Membership of a Local Government Pension Scheme
- Potential to bring your continuous service with you providing enhanced benefits
- Health & Wellbeing support including Healthcare Scheme Membership
- Payment of HCPC fees as appropriate
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
We hope you’ve decided that this is a role you would like. If so, please complete our short application process to let us know of your interest in this role.
We’d also like to let you know of the timescales we are aiming to work to for this recruitment campaign. This will also help you know when you can expect to hear from us by.
Last date for applications:
Final interview / assessment:
27/09/2018 and 02/10/2018 in London
These dates are potentially subject to change, but rest assured we will be in touch as quickly as we can.
If you want to find out a bit more about why you should consider joining us please visit our website via the button below.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. We are also a Disability Confident Employer which further underlines our commitment to employ, train, retain and develop the careers of colleagues with disabilities. Please be advised successful applicants will be subject to a range of pre-employment checks, including a Disclosure and Barring Service check (DBS). In accordance with the DBS code of practice and our own policy, should an individual have a declared criminal offence an individual assessment will be completed. Further information on what the assessment covers can be found by viewing the Cafcass DBS policy.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Cafcass (Children and Family Court Advisory and Support Service) is the voice of children in the family courts and helps to ensure that children’s welfare is put first during proceedings.
Established in 2001, we are a non-departmental public body, helping over 115,000 children and young people a year who are going through care or adopti
- Public Services & Army
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 2001