- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 19 Jul, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Who are we?
A global technology leader at the heart of our connected world. Powered by the research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve communications service providers, governments, large enterprises and consumers, with the industry’s most complete, end-to-end portfolio of products, services and licensing. From the enabling infrastructure for 5G and the Internet of Things, to emerging applications in virtual reality and digital health, we are shaping the future of technology to transform the human experience. A truly global company, we are 160 nationalities working in more than 100 countries.
What will you be doing?
An exciting opportunity exists within our Nuage Networks division. You will be working on Nokia’s industry leading SDN solution, working closely with the world’s largest cloud service providers, enterprise, and carrier customers, helping to problem solve and engineer solutions to complex networking issues. You will also be interfacing with other internal teams, higher levels of support and design engineers, working as part of a global team to provide solutions to our customers.
There will be potential for international travel for the purpose of training opportunities and occasional on-site support for our customers, so willingness to travel is a must.
You will be working with and learning about a wide range of technologies from VMWare, Red Hat, OpenStack, Open vSwitch, Microsoft HyperV and more. These technologies integrate closely with Nokia’s existing IP routing portfolio to create a full SDN solution.
Enjoy an introduction to Nokia's history.
Who we are looking for:
A bright, highly motivated individual who is interested in and excited by learning cutting edge cloud, networking and virtualisation technologies. You will have an aptitude for solving complex problems. Have a passion for self-learning and improvement. You will have excellent English written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate problems and solutions to audiences of varying technical ability. You will be highly organised and able to prioritise work as necessary. You will enjoy working within a talented team to provide class leading support.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Systems, Network, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, Computer Science or similar.
- A strong foundation in IP Networking/Routing
- Proficient with Linux operating systems – ideally CentOS and Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Aptitude for troubleshooting complex issues
- Basic scripting knowledge
Knowledge and skills in the following areas are desirable:
- Software Defined Networking (SDN)
- Virtualisation technologies (i.e VMware ESXi/vCenter, KVM, OpenStack)
- IP/MPLS, routing and switching techniques
- Understanding of Virtual Private Network L2 and L3 solutions and OSPF, BGP, Routing/Switching protocols
- Networking certifications (e.g. Nokia SRC, Juniper JNCP, Cisco CCNA Experience/Qualification)
- mySQL or other RDBMS
- Scripting or programming knowledge (bash, python)
- Analytical approach to troubleshooting software or network problems
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- in Weston-super-Mare, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in