You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Tech within GSK
Tech at GSK is undergoing a period of change and transformation: GSK has the ambition to become a leader within the pharmaceutical industry in the application of digital technologies to drive a step change in performance and competitive advantage.
As an organisation, GSK is looking to create maximum strategic and operational value from established and emergent technologies, including the transition to digitized data (vs. paper-based), “Big Data” analytics, next-generation / cloud computing, to sensors and the internet-of-things, machine learning, and artificial intelligence. To drive this transformation GSK, in September 2017, appointed Karenann Terrell as Chief Digital & Technology Officer with a company-wide remit to transform how new technologies are used to improve performance across the Group.
Is the Future Leader Programme for you?
Not only do we want to find the right candidate, we want you to choose a scheme that’s right for you.
Our Future Leaders Programmes are for those who aspire to be tech leaders, inspire others and relish some of the world’s biggest healthcare challenges. We believe in focusing on the patient and conducting our business with integrity, transparency and respect for everyone we work with.
We invest heavily in your personal development to prepare you for a career as a leader through regular discussions with your line manager and support from a wide network of colleagues but you are still the driver of your development. You will also have continuous training where 70% is on-the-job, 20% is through developmental relationships and 10% is through formal training and educational courses.
What to expect on the Technology Future Leader Programme?
- The aim of the Program is to provide an accelerated framework of opportunities, learning the ins and outs of business processes and the strategies behind delivering key tech solutions to drive business operations. Our FLs play a key role in unlocking the value of emerging technologies to transform the way GSK interacts with is employees, patients and customers. Graduates may work within the Application Support, Project Delivery, and Product Management streams. Additional areas of opportunity are in innovations, strategy and architecture, business process improvement, analytics and/or service management.
- You will get plenty of support from the programme to help reach your potential and you will not be alone. You will be joining an international community of like-minded graduate techies who alongside their day jobs help shape and run the programme. Some of recent graduates have helped run global tech debates with external leading experts, produced podcasts, facilitated learnathons, managed internal ted-talks and organised hackathons.
A day in the life of a Technology Future Leader:
- You will have the opportunity to perform business analysis during design, development and implementation of projects
- You will be designing, developing and supporting software solutions
- There will be the chance to manage project and software quality, including testing and validation
- Ensuring that all user acceptance testing is appropriately defined and executed
- You will be involved in managing schedules, milestones, and resource requirements to meet project objectives
- You will be preparing technical documentation
- Your role will involve interfacing with customers and other stakeholders at all levels of the business
- You will be identifying opportunities to improve business processes and performance, and advising the business of possible technical solutions
- You’ll be identifying and building appropriate sources of information and cultivating effective business relationships
Our ideal candidate:
- Using your unique knowledge and technical know-how, you will bring fresh thinking and even some disruption to GSK ways of working. You'll need ambition, a genuine passion for technology and the healthcare industry, and a proactive, self-motivated approach. We’re looking for clear and effective communicators who can quickly build rapport with people and have a desire to lead from the front. It’s also important that you can adapt to change and keep focused when the pressure is on. In addition, you’ll need an analytical and conceptual mind, along with a talent for multi-tasking and the ability to influence others.
- We look for those who have or are expecting in 2018 a 2.1 or better in Engineering, Science, Maths and Computer Science degrees.
We are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops innovative Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare products. These help millions of people around the world do more, feel better and live longer.
Our commercial success depends on creating innovative products and making these accessible to as many people who need them as possible. By achieving this, we will be able to grow our business and provide benefits to patients, consumers, society, our employees and our shareholders. We have a significant global commercial presence in more than 150 markets, a network of 84 manufacturing sites in 36 countries and large R&D centres in the UK, USA, Belgium and China.
Our Future Leader Programme is passionate about developing local leadership capabilities for local countries so it is vital you have eligibility to live and work in the country for which you are applying.
GSK is committed to empowering employees and creating an inclusive and diverse environment because it shows that we value and respect all contributions. It is good for business because it brings different knowledge, perspectives, experiences and working styles to GSK
Our recruitment decisions are based on selecting the best person for the job, regardless of gender, marital status, religion, age, colour, race, sexual orientation, nationality or disability.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
A science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer.
We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
We aim to bring differentiated, high-quality and needed healthcare pr
- Health & Social Care
- Brentford, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1830