You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Bishop's Stortford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 17,000.0 per year
You will be supporting 24 customers in a purpose built service. All the customers are older people and you will support them to maintain a dignified standard of living and to live as independently as possible. While some personal care will be required your focus is on encouraging inclusion and be a significant support to our customers.
Essential elements of this role include, but are not limited to: -
- Provide assistance with the personal care and support needs of customers as identified in their care and support plan.
- Encourage and support customers to establish and maintain positive relationships with their family and friends and engage in activities which help them to achieve their personal goals.
- Provide support and practical assistance to customers with benefits, budgeting, paying bills and accessing appropriate services.
- Provide social and emotional support to customers in line with policies & procedures and best practice.
- Promote self-advocacy and act as the customers` advocate where appropriate.
- Be aware of customers` wellbeing, safety and state of health, reporting any concerns.
- Ensure all necessary records are accurate and up to date.
- Prompt and assist with the ordering, safe storage and administration of medication as detailed in care & support plans, recording as appropriate.
This position is for 37.5 hours a week and you will need to be able to work on a flexible rota including weekends and bank holidays
To be successful in the role previous experience is not essential, but we are seeking individuals that can provide a caring and supportive service to our customers with dignity. You will demonstrate you understand what good support looks like which is appropriate to the age, gender, disability, race, religion and sexuality of the customer to improve their quality of life and independence.What’s in it for you?
In return for your commitment to Metropolitan we provide full training and personal development that is tailored to your personal ambitions. Metropolitan offers an excellent and unique Benefits package that can be adapted to suit each individual. We offer employees the opportunity to choose from a wide variety of benefits which includes options around Health and Well-being Programme, Employee Assistance and discounts with multiple retailers and many more. We also offer a good Pension Scheme and 28 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the ability to buy and sell up to 5 days!
Metropolitan are proud to have been recognised by Disability Confident for our commitment to disabled people and those with long term health conditions by providing fair and equal opportunities for all applicants enabling them to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations. All employment decisions at Metropolitan are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, disability, gender reassignment, marital status, pregnancy or maternity, race or religion, sex or sexual orientation.
It should be noted that the successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.