- Full-time employment
- Apply by 31 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 27,000.0 per year
We use materials, labour and equipment to create thousands of products every day. Your challenge... to get them all together in the right place, in the right quantity, to be delivered at the right time. If you are looking for a career that gives you real accountability and an incredible level of variety our Manufacturing Scheme could be just right for you.
We Are Bakkavor
Every day millions of people around the globe enjoy our food. We are Bakkavor, a leading provider in the fast-moving and dynamic world of fresh prepared food.
We are over 19,000 people working together across the UK, the US and China, to provide thousands of different products to our customers who include the world's top grocery retailers and foodservice operators, and ultimately, consumers who want fresh, convenient foods. Creating great tasting food has been part of our DNA since 1986.
Our Manufacturing Programme
You will work in two 12-month placements manufacturing a variety of products for a variety of customers. You will spend time focusing on Logistics, Planning or Engineering and you will also take responsibility for managing operators on a line. In addition to on-the-job coaching and mentoring, you will experience training in subjects such as presentation skills, intelligent manufacturing, leadership and management.
Ultimately, it is about giving you the in-depth understanding you need to reach a key management role, as the journey from farm to fork is fast-moving and complex!
After two years, we will expect you to be working as a Supervisor or Section Manager, setting you up for a future senior operations role.
What You Will Need
- Completed at least a 2:2 honours degree in a manufacturing, engineering or business related degree.
- Three months' experience working in a manufacturing or professional services environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, technical and influencing skills with a business-focused approach.
- Excellent organisational skills.
What We Offer
We believe a strong compensation and benefits package is important for recruiting and retaining top talent. We are therefore committed to creating a benefits programme that is competitive and flexible to work around you:
- £27,000 salary which is reviewed after completing your first year with us.
- £1,000 sign-on bonus.
- The opportunity to own a brand new car at cheaper rates to get you on the road through Zenith.
- Competitive pension scheme.
- A two year Leadership Training Programme with Fieri Leadership.
- 25 days holiday with the option to purchase additional holidays.
- Relocation assistance for each placement.
Our graduate scheme has been created to develop the future leaders and shapers of our business. Explore what you could do...
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bakkavor is focused solely on manufacturing fresh prepared foods.
Our core market is the UK and if you shop in any of the UK major grocery retailers you are more than likely to have bought one of our products - but are less likely to be familiar with our company name. This is because the vast majority of the products we make are market
- Consumer goods
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1986