- Aldershot, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 08 Dec, 2018
- Posted on 09 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 2,500.0 per month
Joining SNC- Lavalin Atkins on our Aerospace, Defence, Security and Technology (ADS&T) Division will mean you that you are able to work with teams across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet, but embrace these exciting times.
At SNC- Lavalin Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you achieve professional registration and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
What you’ll be doing
If you’re a talented graduate who isn’t afraid to challenge or push boundaries, you can look forward to plenty of variety. Supporting, encouraging and pushing you every step of the way, you’ll get involved in some of our specialist areas, which include:
- Identity management – We have been involved in many ground-breaking systems to provide identity assurance and have developed facial recognition systems.
- Geospatial – We plan all aspects of our clients’ projects, and conduct feasibility and strategy studies. We design and develop GI applications and software solutions to help our clients to make the most of their spatial data, and enable our clients to realise the benefits of GIS through the provision of advice, support, management, and maintenance services.
- High Integrity Systems – We have been involved in High Integrity software development for over 25 years.
- Bespoke software development – We develop business intelligence solutions and bespoke interactive web applications.
- Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver systems in some of the highest security environments.
- Complex (tele)communications and IT networks.
- Wireless/radio and WirelessLAN.
Software Development & Critical Digital Systems
Based in our Aldershot and Bristol offices you’ll be working as a Systems Engineer or Software Developer across a wide customer base. You could be involved in a range of projects across the full project lifecycle including; Requirements Gathering, Business Analysis, Design, Coding, Testing, Development and ongoing Support & Maintenance.
Working in the fields of Identity Assurance, Geospatial information System, software development of data intensive applications, Industrial Automation and Control Systems, Software Assurance, and bespoke Software Development. Our services include the provision of independent technical advice to Customers, the supply of commercial off the shelf software combined with support and custom application training, the development of custom applications using a blend of Microsoft development tools, 3rd party API’s and industry leading databases, and the supply and maintenance of our product portfolio.
Ideal disciplines would be:
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Systems Engineering
- Software Assurance
- App Development
- Electrical and Electronic engineering.
Communications and Networks
Working in our Epsom, Glasgow or Bristol offices as an Atkins consulting ICT engineer within the communication and networks element of our communications business, you will be involved in the design and development of a wide variety of electronic communications systems and data networks. Working with our clients and their ICT systems, you could be responsible for any aspect of a developing telecommunications system, from the analysis of user requirements through to managing installation contracts.
You could be exposed to every aspect of the engineering of electronic communications systems; from infrastructure (e.g. optical cable networks and radio) through to the configuration of complex data networks and control systems. You could find yourself working on systems for a new airport or hotel, university or defence installation. Alternatively, your work could involve the development of next-generation broadband networks.
Ideal disciplines would be:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electronic Engineering
Who we’re looking for
- Graduates with or a predicted 2:1 or above (Masters/Bachelors) in any of the disciplines listed above.
- Proactive and confident working on your own initiative and as part of multidisciplinary teams.
- A good communicator who can collaborate with a variety of colleagues and become a trusted customer adviser.
- Be UK mobile to work across different locations on a variety of projects.
- A lateral thinker who can apply technical knowledge to analyse problems, create innovative solutions and make sound decisions and isn’t afraid to push boundaries.
- Not afraid to show initiative or ask for guidance when you need it, you must be customer focused and commercially aware with a strong attention to detail.
- Vision, ambition and the drive to keep on learning.
- Become a trusted advisor to customers, getting to understand their goals and delivering innovative solutions to meet their needs.
- Enjoy collaborating within multidisciplinary teams on projects that make a real difference.
The prestigious Graduate Development Scheme has historically recruited 300 graduates consecutively in the last five years UK wide across SNC- Lavalin’s Atkins and Faithful + Gould. However, with the growth and changes this year we have seen monumental growth, meaning we will recruit and bring onboard 500+ Graduates through our Graduate Development Scheme (2019), making our graduate community ever growing.
Rewards and Benefits
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include;
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership/accreditation bonus of £2,500 once attained
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days leave per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Local graduate forums & a strong graduate network across all locations
- Annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends, team building activities - check out our grad community page
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial, Science & Research
- in Aldershot, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938
Your personalised job suggestions
Scheme at Atkins