You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 08 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
BackgroundThe Headway therapy team comprises Neuro-Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychotherapy, Neuropsychology, and volunteer complimentary therapy practitioners.
These therapies are offered within Headway’s Day Service (a community where people with brain injury are valued, respected and given opportunities to fulfil their potential) and at times, at someone’s home or another venue in the community.
In January 2017 Headway was commissioned by Enfield CCG to provide a Community Brain Injury Service in the borough of Enfield. This service provides specialist therapy services for adults with a non-progressive acquired brain injury except a stroke.
Main purposeThis is a split post between:
- Provide psychotherapy assessments and treatment with people with acquired brain injury (ABI) and in some instances their family members; who have been referred to the Headway East London services
- Facilitating the Enfield Community Brain Injury Service weekly psychotherapy group.
- Counsel people with ABI in group, one-to-one settings on combinations of issues including: trauma and life-changing events; depression and anxiety; adjusting to acquired disability; sexual health; relationship and marriage problems; drug and alcohol dependency; anger management, aggressive and criminal behaviour
- Counsel people with ABI on any other areas that they may raise within parameters agreed in supervision
- Provide couples counselling and family therapy to people with ABI and their family members
- Counsel family members of people with ABI in group and one-to-one settings as required
- Support as necessary each brain injured person according to their varying needs, including cognitive impairment or neuropsychiatric problems associated with ABI
- Be able to independently evaluate progress and adapt therapy as necessary.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
The NHS was launched in 1948.
It was born out of a long-held ideal that good healthcare should be available to all, regardless of wealth – one of the NHS's core principles. With the exception of some charges, such as prescriptions, optical services and dental services, the NHS in England remains free at the point of use for all UK resi
- Health & Social Care
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1948
105 Victoria St, Westminster, London SW1E 6AD