You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Oxford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Technical Marketing Engineer Placement
This position is for a Technical Marketing Engineer Internship in Intel's Application Design Centre in Europe, located in Swindon, UK. We're looking for someone who has a keen interest in computer hardware and software and wants to do hands on work developing future computing platforms. You will be a member of a team which specializes in the design of hardware for a wide range of next generation Intel products. You will be involved in lab activities, working with the team and actively participating in customer support.
The day to day activities will include:
- Customer issue replication,
- Building and supporting Intel reference designs,
- Providing lab support to the team.
There is scope for getting involved in other exciting projects outside of day-to-day responsibilities.
This is a 13 month fixed-term placement for students currently studying a degree course in relevant technical background. This position is suitable for mainly electronic/computer engineering students who are currently in their 2nd year of studies as part of 4 years bachelor's degree or 5 year master degree which include a year working in the industry.
- Familiarity with computer architecture hardware/software from desktop to server hardware.
- Understanding of basic network architecture.
- Ability to build typical PC and server configurations, install typical operating systems including both Microsoft Windows* and various distributions of Linux*.
- Skills required for students enrolled on electronics engineering degree courses including ability to read and understand circuit schematics.
- Good understanding of practical electronics, soldering/rework of electronic boards.
- Basic testing and debug knowledge.
- Ability to quickly learn about new products and technologies.
- Keen personal interest in computing and engineering.
- Capable of working unsupervised by prioritizing work and focusing on meeting agreed objectives in required time-frame with good attention to detail.- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
Additionally beneficial skills:
- Deeper knowledge of computer architecture processor architecture, registers, etc..- Debug and testing experience.
- Experience with computer interfaces PCIe, USB, etc...
- PCB rework/soldering experience with SMD components.
- Hands on experience of electronic test equipment, e.g. DVM, PSU, oscilloscopes and the ability to learn in-house tools.
- Understanding of Python, C++, C, x86 assembly language would be a strong advantage.- Project management experience.
- German language skills would also be an advantage.
Intel makes possible the most amazing experiences of the future
You know us best for our processors. But we do so much more. We are makers, catalysts and inventors. We innovate at the boundaries of technology to make amazing experiences possible for business and society, and for every person on Earth.
Throughout our proud history, Intel has continuously expanded the reach, influence and power of computing to improve people's everyday lives. With employees in 63 countries and customers in over 120 countries, Intel's products and services create the foundation for limitless invention. Intel is like no other company on the planet: our technology is a critical part of an increasingly interdependent ecosystem that creates and expands value for shareholders, partners, customers and society.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Get Into Teaching
Considering a career in teaching? Looking for help and advice on how to go about it? You've come to the right place.There are a range of routes into teaching and it can be difficult to decide which one is best for you. We can provide a comprehensive programme of support and guidance throughout the application process. Our services are complet
- Academia & Education
- in Oxford, UK
- 501-1,000 employees
- Founded in 1985