You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 02 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We are looking for a 6-month intern for the Financial Institutions Bond Origination team within the LondonDCM team. Expected start date: Fall 2018
Job Description:The Debt Capital Markets Bond Origination team is a part of the Corporate Finance department within the investment bank that advises, arranges, originates and executes debt (i.e. bond) financings for corporations, financial institutions, sovereigns and public sector borrowers. Interns in the Commerzbank Debt Capital Markets Bond Origination team will be based in London and assist senior bankers in the preparation of presentations to existing and potential clients. Furthermore, the intern will be assigned and be responsible for specific projects as well as vital daily tasks.
Main responsibilities include analysing market developments, companies, and industries, as well as assisting in the preparation of relative value analyses of companies to assist in the formulation of the pricing of debt transactions. There are also opportunities to assist in the execution of live deals. The intern will be working in a fast paced international environment with highly experienced market professionals who have broad capital markets, investment banking and corporate finance backgrounds.
Working in our team will:
- Give you a highly valued experience in the second biggest German bank, one of the leading Eurobond debt houses;
- Place you on a steep learning curve and will challenge your various professional skills;
- Give you full responsibility and credit for success in your tasks;
- Provide you the ability to work in a fast paced, fast growing, multi-cultural environment (10 languages spoken everyday within the team);
- Broaden your understanding of the investment banking industry and its professional opportunities; and
- Lead to career opportunities in the group and/ or other teams in the bank should you perform above expectations
Profile:We target highly motivated and ambitious individuals who are able to learn and adapt quickly in a fast paced and demanding work environment. In that light, whilst we do not target specific degrees, we prefer well rounded individuals with a track record of achievement and strong writing and speaking skills. Equally, a strong familiarity with corporate finance and financial markets is preferred.
- English fluency imperative. Fluency in another European language is preferred.
- A solid understanding of the principles and concepts of corporate finance and financial markets, as well as experience with Excel, PowerPoint and Bloomberg is highly preferred
- Applicant must have permission to work in the United Kingdom, for example by holding a UK or any EU passport
- We will give preference to candidates who have not yet or just have completed their degree
- Timing: Immediate
- Duration: 6-months, with performance-based possibility to extend the internship
- Compensation: Competitive
- This internship may qualify as part or whole of an année de césure where applicable
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.