- Romsey, UK
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Roke imagines a more secure world. A world where technology protects, rather than exposes. A world where expert engineers, consultants and business support staff collaborate to protect what matters most to our clients. We are seeking highly motivated and knowledgeable staff to join us working across ground breaking projects within the fields of autonomy, connectivity, data analytics and cyber.
Each day, it is rare that you will have nothing new to learn. Our people use their intelligence to make the world a safer place, by combining innovation, strong industry partnerships and 60 years of experience to offer our clients truly exceptional advice, research and development..
We are offering you the chance to be part of something amazing.
What will your role look like?
As a Graduate Consultant within our Advisory Services division, you will be working directly with our customers across National Security and Defence, influencing important change programmes by supporting decision makers. You could be helping our customers understand how they will deliver change, how will they design the overall solution, identifying the most cost-effective option, capturing and measuring requirements or understanding how good each option is.
What does our Graduate Development Programme look like?
At Roke we aim to recruit some of the best talent the country has to offer. In doing so we recognise that we need to provide the necessary building blocks for successful integration into the business, as well as ongoing support which will enable our graduate community to fulfil their undoubted potential. That’s why we’ve created a programme that will support individual learning and development, whilst simultaneously delivering real business value.
This emphasis on experiential learning is supported through a number of additional modules such as:
- Technical Training – delivered through an initial technical ‘bootcamp’ and enduring access to the PluralSight online training portal.
- Soft Skill Training – a series of modules focussed on developing communication skills, networking, professional etiquette and teamwork.
- Visible Leadership – regular access to senior leaders and de-mystification of internal processes
- External Visits - opportunities to attend external exhibitions/conferences in order to broaden industry knowledge and appraise the competition
- Lecture Series – opportunity to attend lectures by visiting customers and prominent academics
In addition, as a Graduate Consultant you will have a placement during your development programme alongside one of our experienced consultants to help to develop your consultancy skills.
What do we expect from you?
You will need at least a 2:1 in one of the following, or related, subjects:
- Operational Research
- Business Management
- Systems Engineering
In addition to your degree, we will be looking for graduates who possess:
- Problem solving skills
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to convey complex outcomes to a wide range of stakeholders
- Strong customer engagement and team working skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
What additional skills would be useful?
Although not essential, any of the following would be beneficial:
- A passion for technology
- Experience of the military
- Understand or awareness of Cyber Security
Where will you be based?
You will be based at Roke's sites, in either Romsey or Gloucester, however as a consultant you will be expected to spend significant periods working alongside our prestigious customers in locations such as London, Bristol and Andover.
The benefits of working for us include:
- A highly competitive salary, pension and flexible benefits.
- A substantial performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process.
- A substantial holiday allowance, which can be supplemented by Roke’s flexi-leave scheme.
- A generous relocation allowance to help you settle into the local area and your new role.
- Onsite tennis courts, gym (including showers & changing facilities) and fishing rights on the River Test.
- Numerous company events throughout the year, including a summer music festival, bonfire night fireworks and Christmas party.
- Employee led social clubs covering numerous sports, cyber/data/robotics activities, gaming, board games and more.
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve SC and/or DV clearance. As a result, you should be a British Citizen and have resided in the UK for the last 5 years for SC and 10 years for DV.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity and Inclusion. Our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive. We can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Roke make it our business to understand their cl
- Consulting & Accounting, Technology & IT, Science & Research
- in Romsey, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1956
Old Salisbury Ln, Romsey SO51 0ZN, UK