- Watford, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 23 Mar, 2019
- Posted on 22 Jan, 2019
- Start date: 23 Mar, 2019
StarLeaf brings people together through the power of video conferencing and calling. Founded in 2008, StarLeaf is one of the fastest growing technology companies in UK. StarLeaf is a service provider and manufacturer with both video conferencing services and a comprehensive range of video endpoints for meeting rooms, desktops and mobility. Join us and you’ll work with incredibly smart people, to create easy to use and powerful communication tools for businesses around the globe. Our aim is to make the StarLeaf Cloud a world-class unified communications platform based on solid foundations in terms of security, reliability and scalability.
About the role:
As part of the Cloud Operations team, you will be part of the team responsible for the monitoring, maintaining, upgrading and improving the StarLeaf Cloud. You will have good computer skills, preferably including Linux experience, and great analytical skills to find, isolate and understand complex issues within the StarLeaf Cloud.
You’ll work collaboratively with Product Managers, Testers, Developers and Support Engineers and be able to communicate effectively with all of these groups. You’ll have a passion for design & technology and keep up-to-date with the latest trends, sharing these with your fellow team members.
You will contribute to the Cloud Operations team by:
- Planning and driving automated upgrades across the StarLeaf Cloud
- Working with hardware suppliers on new orders and providing technical requirements
- Investigating new data centres for hosting the cloud and providing technical requirements
- Project managing the deployment of new hardware
- Working with data centres on the upgrade and improvement of services
- Monitoring the StarLeaf Cloud and responding to incidents
- Being part of the response team for any outages, including investigation, correction and communication
- Investigating any errors and failures, identifying root causes and working with the development team on fixes
- Managing configuration changes across the StarLeaf Cloud to enable new features, upgrade components, improve security etc.
- Managing StarLeaf web domains and certificates
- Contributing to and promoting a security conscious culture within the company
- Passion for technology.
- Strong technical background including knowledge of networking.
- Able to collaborate independently with stakeholders and run meetings to drive operations projects forward.
- Either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree (or equivalent) in STEM subject.
- Able to manage your own workflow and documentation.
- Able to meet deadlines while handling multiple projects.
- Organised and self-motivated.
- Friendly personality and great interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Some out of hours working at weekends and occasional evenings will be required.
- Good working knowledge of Linux.
- Experience of video conferencing infrastructure.
- Experience working with datacenter venders and datacenter ISPs.
- Experience of managing web domains and certificates.
- Experience with web and network security.
- Experience with Nagios / Icinga.
- Starting salary up to £38,000.
- Regular salary reviews.
- EMI share option scheme.
- Private medical insurance and long-term sickness/disability insurance.
- Life insurance of four times salary.
- 25 days annual holiday plus bank holidays.
- The opportunity to join a friendly, motivated group of people who are all very excited about the StarLeaf journey.
Discover thousands of entry to mid-level jobs on Advance.careers. All opportunities - one platform, curated for you by AI-powered career assistant.
- Watford, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2008