You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 23,000.0 per year
We are looking for a hungry and solution driven Warehouse manager who will support the Operations manager to ensure efficient running of the end-to-end operations, ensuring customers get an exceptional level of service.
You will be responsible for the smooth running of our packing operations and the overall management of our warehouse.
• Work with Packing supervisor and Operations manager to ensure that our picking and packing operation runs efficiently from start to finish
• Focus on packing productivity and implement improvements to drive efficiencies
• Ensure we have or recruit adequate staff to carry out our daily activities
• Monitor staff efficiencies and aim to reduce labour costs and increase staff productivity
Warehouse Maintenance and Facilities Management
• Ensure adequate optimisation of warehouse space
• Perform daily/weekly maintenance checks of warehouse assets
• Ensure cleanliness and tidiness of the warehouse
• Responsible for office supplies, utilities ensuring services provided are reviewed on regular basis and provide adequate service and value.
• Ensure inbound stock is accounted for, checked for quality, moved or stored in appropriate location, efficiently utilising space.
• Ensure weekly, wholesale and bespoke orders are fulfilled, working with Operations Manager/Buyer and third partydelivery companies
• Responsible for weekly packaging checks and ordering new packaging/office equipment
• Search for alternative packaging options which meet our price/sustainability targets
Risk Management / H&S
• Help implement external Fire and H&S Risk Assessments and create in-house policies to comply with SALSA standards
• Ensure on-going compliance with standards and policies
• Ensure appropriate insurance coverage is in place
• A positive attitude, particularly to new tasks and problem solving.
• You are driven and have entrepreneurial spirit, not letting anything dampen your energy and will push through to achieve results.
• Self-motivatedwith great organisational skills.
• Creativity in your approach with the ability to find solutions to the challenges the unique business model presents
• You'll also be happy to work in a cross-functional team.
• This role will suit a graduate keen to have hands-on experience or alternatively someone with 1 year experience as a warehouse manager or 2 years as a warehouse assistant, looking for a new challenge
What you’ll get:
• An exciting opportunity to be part of a sustainable challenger brand, helping reduce food waste one wonky carrot at a time.
• Free fresh fruits in the office
• Discount on Oddbox fruit and veggies.
• Free tea and coffee
• Flexible working hours
Start date: ASAP
• Compensation –£20,000 - £23,000 p.a.
• Duration of role – Full time
• Location – Our office/warehouse in Mitcham, South West London
• In addition there will be the opportunity to visit logisitics partners and other third party partners as and when required. You will be compensated travel expenses for these.
This is a once in a lifetime, super exciting opportunity of working in a rapid growth, ethical company. We want to prove that sustainability can be affordable and we can grow fast and do-good at the same time. If you agree – drop us an email and let’s start the conversation. We look forward to hearing from you
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Oddbox is a purpose-driven business that fights food waste on farms with innovative solutions. Its first solution is London's first wonky veg box subscription service, where it buys imperfect fruits and vegetables directly from local farms and markets for a fair price, delivers them to homes and offices for 30% cheaper than similar box servic
- Consumer goods, Retail
- in London, UK
- 0-10 employees
- Founded in 2016