You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Joining as a graduate you’ll be the future of the firm. To ensure you succeed we’ll provide the training and support you need, coupled with the responsibility and autonomy to allow you to grow. You’ll work with experienced professionals and face the kind of challenges that turn smart graduates into confident accountants. In addition to a competitive salary and flexible benefits, you’ll receive full study support towards gaining your ACA qualification. We provide the opportunities you take them.
As part of the Business Tax department the Innovation and Technology Group provides bespoke taxation services to its clients and deals with all queries from basic compliance through to high-level advisory work. It prepares tax returns and computations, carries out tax planning/consultancy work, and deals with HMRC, clients and third parties.
The firm's specialist Innovation & Technology Group comprises engineers, software programmers and scientists as well as specialist finance professionals such as auditors and tax accountants all of whom are experienced in claiming R&D tax relief. Since the scheme began in 2000 our team have successfully claimed back around £140m for our clients across all business sectors with a 100% success rate. The Innovation and Technology team provide the following services:
- Claiming R&D tax relief
- R&D Allowances (RDAs)
- Patent Box
- International R&D relief
- Undertaking the technical assessment of claims and producing the technical summary
- Identification of qualifying R&D projects and expenditure through participation in technical discussions with clients
- Ensuring R&D claims meet the requirements of the relevant tax legislation and guidelines
- Preparation of financial calculations supporting the R&D claims and liaison with tax technical staff so tax returns and computations correctly reflect the outcome of technical assessment of work carried out by our clients
- Developing relationships with relevant key contacts at HMRC
- Support of R&D Tax Relief claims in the event of enquiries by HMRC into claims for R&D Relief
- Actively developing and promoting both internally and externally the firm’s R&D tax offering
- Taking a flexible approach to core working hours and a willingness to meet exacting service delivery standards
- Attending meetings, building and developing effective working relationships with colleagues, intermediaries and other networks to develop further opportunities and business over time
- Continuously developing own knowledge and skills and to keep technical knowledge up to date
- Representing the firm at seminars, presentations and other events
What we are looking for
- Fluency in French
- Experienced in working within a business unit with internal and external clients
- Excellent communication (both spoken and written) and people skills with the ability to translate complex ideas into non-technical concepts
- Strong numerical ability
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in the fields of science, technology and innovation
- Be highly proactive in the approach to new work opportunities
- Team player and ability to work on own initiative
- Able to project a professional, credible image
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commercial awareness
- Trustworthy and able to maintain confidentiality
- Able to travel to clients' premises for meetings and on-site reviews as well as other offices as needed
- A recognised higher-level qualification in business or financial studies such as a business degree would be an added advantage (but not necessary)
- Previous experience within industry in the application of science and engineering is also an added advantage (but again not necessary)
- Ideally proven experience of working on several projects, meeting deadlines and working under pressure
A holder of a recognised engineering or science university degree (BSc/ BEng, MSc/ MEng and/ or PhD) in the field of civil or structural engineering is a core requirement. A non-exhaustive list of relevant subjects has been provided below:
- Civil engineering
- Structural engineering
- Highways/transport/rail engineering
- Geotechnical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Quantity surveying plus project experience.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- planning and surveying
- environmental science and ecology
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Please note due to high volume of applications for our roles we reserve the right to close all vacancies earlier than the advertised date without notice. To avoid disappointment please apply as soon as possible.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19/05/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Moore Stephens
Helping our clients thrive in a changing world.
We provide our clients with support and guidance to deal with new risks and opportunities. As a Top 10 accounting and advisory network we support a broad range of individuals and entrepreneurs, large organisations and complex international businesses.
- Consulting & Accounting
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1907
150 Aldersgate St, London EC1A 4AB