You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 25 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
What’s in it for you:You will be offered the opportunity to assist S&P Global Platts in achieving its mission of being one of the leading providers of the highest quality price assessments and analytical information to the world’s financial and commodity markets. Our real-time news, pricing and analytical services help markets operate with transparency and efficiency worldwide. As the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries and with 20 offices spanning five continents, you will form part of a truly globally diverse workforce.
You will get challenged on a daily basis with a steep learning curve. You will get an opportunity to work with a broad range of clients including commodity trading houses, major oil and Gas companies, investment banks, hedge funds and investment managers and get to be part of a large fun and international team with fantastic opportunities for growth.
Career paths after the 18-month initial phase of the program include:
- Relationship/Account Management
- Product Specialist
- Helping clients to navigate and extract data from the S&P Global Platts product range.
- Provide assistance with building models using the S&P Global Platts Excel Plug-in.
- Liaising with the content, commercial and technical teams to address any client queries and ensure our data is maintained to the highest standards.
- Proactively reaching out to clients for training (this will apply towards the later stages of development once fully fluent and certified on the product range).
- Logging all client interactions using our CRM tool (Salesforce) for internal analysis.
- Providing our clients with face to face/WebEx training
- Getting involved in special project initiatives where determined necessary by management
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum 2.1 in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent.
- Fluent command of English is a prerequisite. Additional languages are highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills. You must have good telephone manners and be comfortable presenting to large groups both in person or remotely.
- Familiarity with or strong interest in learning about financial markets.
- Good PC skills including the Microsoft Office product range, Sales Force and Oracle.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and work independently.
- Willingness to learn and take on a wide variety of tasks.
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction. We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.platts.com
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
• S&P Global Ratings, which provides
- Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in