- Hastings, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 15 Apr, 2019
- Posted on 01 Feb, 2019
- £ 28,000.0 per year
We are looking for an ambitious Junior Accountant/ Assistant to provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks.
Based in Bodiam, this well-established business are seeking a dynamic Junior Accountant/ Assistant to report into the Management Accountant, working as part of a team to prepare financial statement, reporting and general administration tasks.
The ideal candidate will be well-versed in accounting principles and able to work comfortably with numbers and attention to detail. The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the department and help the company be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long term success.
- Post and process journal entries to ensure all business transactions are recorded
- Update accounts receivable and issue invoices
- Update accounts payable and perform reconciliations
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements and other financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, payroll records etc. as assigned
- Update financial data in databases to ensure that information will be accurate and immediately available when needed
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports
- Assist senior accountants in the preparation of monthly/yearly closings
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Proven experience as a junior accountant
- Excellent organizing abilities
- Great attention to detail
- Good with numbers and figures and an analytical acumen
- Good understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and familiarity with relevant ERP computer software
- Excellent verbal and non verbal communication skills at all levels
- Positive can do attitude with the ability to work under pressure
- Qualifications (ACA, ACCA or CIMA) is a plus but not required
- BSc/Ba in accounting, finance or relevant field
Salary- £25,000-£28,000 (Depending on experience)
Discretionary quarterly bonus
22 days holiday + 8 days statutory
Car allowance (After successful completion of probation)
Private healthcare (After successful completion of probation)
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
We are a multi-national business employing almost 500 people, operating across 19 countries, with an annual turnover of around AUD $500m.
Our customers are family-owned businesses and their families. Our single purpose is to empower our customers to thrive and contribute to the economies and communities where they live and work.&n
- Consulting & Accounting
- Warwick, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2009