You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Staines, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 06 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
VMware recognises that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative culture, VMware could be the place for you. You will be exposed to a wide range of disruptive software platform technologies that consumed by customers all over the world in all types of industries.
VMware offers leading-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
With VMware solutions, organisations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilising everything and creating an agile environment for their workforce. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with our technology by embracing cloud-based infrastructure which offer agile, flexible and secure environments.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about?
Job Role and Responsibilities:
The Professional Services Organisation is a Global business within VMware responsible for the realisation of our innovative software solutions. We take ownership of all technical aspects of customer delivery, from the initial requirements gathering to design, implementation, and testing of solutions that meet or exceed our clients needs. Through close collaboration with pre-sales, product management and engineering, our team builds long term internal and external relationships, ensuring success in our customer’s adoption of VMware’s industry leading solutions.
The Associate Project Manager is a key member of the PSO delivery organisation and actively contributes to the successful delivery of client facing projects. You will work as part of a project team under the guidance of a Project Manager on the delivery of large and complex cloud and automation projects.
In addition, you are also responsible for the delivery of a small portfolio of client engagements, from initial client contact agreeing delivery schedules, to the formal closure of the engagement.
The role is based in Staines but will cover the NEMEA region, you will to work up to 75% of your time in the field. Assignments will include engagements in the Nordics and Benelux regions where you will have the opportunity to work on-site in the appropriate country.
- Support Senior Project Managers in the day to day delivery of complex Cloud and Automation projects across Benelux/Netherlands, UK&I and Nordics (UK based) using Waterfall and Agile project methodologies.
- Assist architects and project managers in design workshops; mapping VMware solutions to the customer’s technical requirements whilst functioning as an advisory resource for “Best Practices”.
- Manage project budgets and resource allocation by tracking team time and progress against resource plans and project milestones.
- Support creation, update and distribution of project collateral such as project plans, R.A.I.D. logs, Communication plans, Time sheets & project schedules, Project Briefs and reports for large and complex projects.
- Take direct responsibility for small project engagements ensuring project objectives and deliverables are fully agreed, then run the schedule with the client from initiation to delivery closure.
- Quickly develop robust trust-based relationship with clients to ensure the highest levels of client satisfaction is achieved during their engagement with the PSO.
- Contribute to the ongoing improvement of the PSO organisation by identifying issues and weaknesses and working with the Delivery Managers to implement improvement plans.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Information Systems, Informatics, Computer Science or relevant field of study.
- Highly organised and self-motivated, able to work autonomously.
- Critical thinker, happy to challenge decisions and ask questions.
- Excellent problem solver, able to find the ‘not so obvious’ answer.
- Strong analytical skills with a good eye for detail.
- Structured and methodical approach to running their workload, ability to prioritise tasks and activities by urgency and importance.
- Excellent social and communication skills.
- Confident and accountable, able to lead and direct small teams.
- A passion and hunger to learn and progress your skills, knowledge and career within a fast paced and dynamic environment.
- A real passion for creating an extraordinary client experience.
- Fluency in English.
- Prior client-facing work experience (retail environment acceptable).
- Past experience as a project lead or manager, able to display an understanding of the construct and key elements of a project.
- Experience of risk identification, categorisation and management.
- Understanding of waterfall and agile project methodologies.
- Team leadership experience, either in a working environment or as part of a sports or social team.
- Full UK Driving License.
You will receive a structured training program which includes:
- 6 weeks of hands-on training in Cork (Ireland) in the VMware training academy to ensure your career with VMware gets off to the best possible start.
- Prince2 training and qualification.
- A dedicated mentor to provide coaching and sponsorship for career development.
- Effective communications and consulting training to ensure great customer interactions.
- A structured career path into VMware Project Management.
- The chance to carve a career with one of the most innovate and disruptive technology companies at the heart of the digital revolution!
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
- Technology & IT
- Staines, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1998
Staines, United Kingdom