- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 30 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 25 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
ESPN Media Distribution and Client Solutions Placement
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with ESPN?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid ESPN Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
If you have a passion for sport you’ll know that ESPN is the leading sports network in the world, with premier performances and out-of-this-world technology.
We are looking for a dynamic and driven Interns to work in the exciting, dynamic and fast-paced ESPN Team
The Client Solutions Intern will supporting both the UK and International Sales Teams this person will work within the internal sales support division to ensure the delivery of media partnerships to the highest standards. This individual will also have the opportunity to deliver up-selling and renewal ideas and proposals to the front line sales team with the support of the Client Solutions Manager.
- Support the sales team in the monitoring and reporting of booked campaigns
- Work with the Client Solutions Department in the development of compelling sales collateral
- Deliver up-selling ideas and proposals to front line sales
- Client event and corporate entertainment planning
- Managing and processing invoices & expenses for sales department
- Creation of Key Clients & Key Competitor review documents
- A project will be set that will examine one of the key developments in the Advertising world. The individual will be expected to work on this report during their time in the position, with a view to presenting findings before their time comes to an end. The project will be set on arrival.
- In addition this person will have an input to support several key new initiatives. This could range from the development of our social & off platform strategy, the creation and design of new sales collateral, and improvement of internal management & database systems.
- The intention is to expose this person to several divisions within the Ad Sales Team and wider teams (such as marketing), which will give them a great understanding of how this function works, and to learn skills that will be of use in any career in media.
ESPN Media Distribution is responsible for the sale ESPN’s catalogue of sport events and programmes to all territories throughout Europe, Middle East and Africa. The sales team is responsible for all aspects of the sales process and the Intern provides administrative and marketing support. This position is integral to the efficient operation of the Media Distribution sales team and requires a strong communicator with good numeracy and organizational skills and a high level of accuracy.
- Provide post-sales client servicing support to the sales team:
- Accurate logging and reporting of proposed and agreed contracts and tape orders in NCS system and regular maintenance of client profiles to ensure these are up to date.
- Coordinate the monthly bill run with the Finance team, with responsibility for ensuring contracts are invoiced as per the payment schedule
- Liaison with the Finance team on collections and aging to ensure the Sales Team track and collect outstanding revenue
- Data entry for invoicing and tape/file delivery into NCS
- Liaison with satellite delivery provider, maintain the content delivery grid and monthly delivery schedules
In addition you will have responsibility for;
- Providing support as directed for marketing initiatives including market event materials, client premiums, client’s tickets and invitations
- Supporting maintenance of the bespoke B2B website, including uploading regular info updates
- Providing administration support to the Director
- A project will be set that will examine one of the key developments in the media rights world. The individual will be expected to work on this report during their time in the position, with a view to presenting findings before their time comes to an end. The project will be set on arrival.
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in 2020
- MUST have the legal right to work in the UK
- Deep knowledge and love of Sport
- Strongly developed analytical & numeric skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Demonstrate good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills / networking.
- Be professional and responsible working with internal staff, ESPN colleagues and external contacts.
- Be self-motivated, observant, confident and a team player.
- Manage your time effectively and prioritise work in a time efficient manner.
- Confident to work with minimal supervision
- Good use of initiative, desire to use their training effectively to develop within the role
- European Language skills an advantage but not a necessity
- Design skills an advantage but not a necessity
- Intermediate to Advanced Microsoft Excel, Word & PowerPoint
- An understanding of the internet e.g. search engines, email marketing, newsletters
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience with ESPN and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training and networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more...
- The chance to attend Family and Friends movie screenings, seeing the latest movie releases in our in-house cinema or in the West End.
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products and shows.
You will gain a solid foundation in sports media sales and will develop skills that will allow them to progress within any commercial media role. Also having gained experience within a broadcaster will allow you to explore other roles in media within Marketing or Research or PR
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
Working at ESPN is unlike anything else. That’s because we’re always finding new ways to interact with fans – however and wherever they connect with sports. Every day we’re doing things that no one has done, all in a dynamic culture where we defy odds and continuously outdo ourselves. When you have the latest technology, game-changing ideas and world-class talent on your team, every day is extraordinary.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Walt Disney Company
From classic animated features and exhilarating theme park attractions to cutting edge sports coverage, and the hottest shows on television, The Walt Disney Company has been making magic since 1923, creating unforgettable stories that connect with audiences around the world. And we’re just getting started!
The key to our success…. The C
- Media, Publishing & Events, Telecommunications
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1923
3 Queen Caroline St, Hammersmith, London, UK