You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 13 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Outline of the work experiences to be provided
ICG’s UK Direct Investment team has responsibility for sourcing, investing in and managing UK headquartered businesses. The businesses often have or desire international exposure. The UK Direct Investment team consist of 7 employees, based out of our head office in London and form part of a wider Pan-European team investing a €4.5bn fund.
The successful candidate will be a member of the investment team with a primary focus on providing analytical support in relation to the sourcing of investment opportunities and the monitoring and analysis of the existing portfolio. In addition to strong analytical skills, the successful candidate must also have strong interpersonal skills, be highly-motivated, inquisitive and keen to work alongside collaborative & approachable individuals as part of a committed team.
The practical work experience provided by the role will also include:
- assisting with the maintenance of the new investment pipeline database as well as the analysis of new investment pipeline opportunities, particularly in relation to historical performance, services offered and market research;
- contributing to the preparation of quarterly papers to the credit committee regarding portfolio performance and investment activity;
- helping to improve the efficiency of the portfolio monitoring process by streamlining and automating certain tasks; and
- providing analytical input into a variety of ad hoc tasks.
More generally, the internship will enable the successful candidate to gain an understanding of the broader private equity market and to develop the key business skills crucial for a successful career in the financial services industry, including problem solving, multi-tasking, working both independently and as part of a team, and delivering high quality work in a timely manner.
Specialist skills or qualifications required
- Strong degree (2.1 minimum) with a numerate bias (e.g. Maths, Economics, Finance & Accounting)
- Fluent written and spoken English (additional languages not essential)
- Experienced user of Microsoft Excel, including manipulating and interrogating large data sets (competency with VBA beneficial but not essential)
- Exposure to accounting and the use/understanding of financial statements an advantage (although not essential)
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Our strategy is to grow our specialist asset management activities to deliver increased shareholder value. Our goal is to generate income and consistently high returns whilst protec
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 1989
Juxon House, 100 St. Paul's Churchyard, London EC4M 8BU, UK