You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Warrington, UK
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
As a Building Services, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering placement student, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place on the design and engineering projects that keep the world turning. We’re all about making spaces and places work perfectly for people.
Whether it’s an airport, a transport interchange, a university campus, a nuclear power station or the world’s first tidal lagoon, you’ll help us to deliver outstanding projects that respond to the needs and resources of a contemporary world. Whatever your ambitions we’ve a role to match your passion and degree.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy, future technology and global sustainability.
What you’ll be doing and where you'll be based
As a placement student, you’ll be joining one of the following teams:
Building Services - summer placements are available in Epsom and London
Our Building Services team provides technically excellent engineering solutions in the built environment. Our capabilities include Electrical and Mechanical engineering, Public Health, Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning, Sustainability, Fire and Security, Building Management Systems and IT and Vertical Transportation. Studying towards either a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, you’ll develop your skills working on different building and infrastructure projects. Collaborating with a diverse range of people, you’ll carry out building services system inspections and heating ventilation and air conditioning design (HVAC). You’ll also prepare a variety of reports, contract documents and project designs, assessment calculations and drawings.
Mechanical, Electrical & Process Engineering (MEP) - summer placements are available in Bristol, Epsom and Warrington
Our MEP team provides mechanical, electrical, ICA (instrumentation, control and automation) and process engineering skills and expertise to water companies in the UK and overseas, supporting their capital (both new build and refurbishment) and operational (problem solving on existing sites) projects and programmes. You’ll get the opportunity to develop your capability in a wide range of exciting projects including; water and wastewater treatment, sludge treatment, pumping stations, pipelines, electrical control systems, cooling water systems and computer aided design (CAD). Water, both clean and dirty, is a critical resource needing careful management and you could play a key part in this!
Engineering Technology- summer placement available in Epsom
Our engineering technology team specialises in advanced computer-based structural and dynamic analysis using finite element analysis software to predict the behaviour of civil, structural and mechanical hardware. Studying for a civil or mechanical engineering degree, you’ll get involved in a variety of fields from structural dynamics and seismic engineering to stress, thermal and fatigue analysis.
Who we’re looking for
• be a talented undergraduate expecting a 2.2 or above MEng/MSc degree (or equivalent) in a relevant subject. Please note, we will also consider undergraduates expecting a 2.1 or above BEng/BSc in an electrical engineering discipline
• have a good written standard of English and verbal communication skills
• have the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• be interested in developing the application of computer programming and other digital solutions to engineering problems
• have the ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills
• possess strong interpersonal and team working skills
• have a flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK
To get a real feel for our culture or learn about what makes life at Atkins so great – just select the handle from your favourite social media platform and take a look #insideatkins
Benefits & Rewards
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry.
Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
• dedicated support from your line manager who will create personalised objectives with you, so you can get the most out of your time with us to support you with your studies and beyond
• our top performing placement students have the opportunity to be nominated straight onto our Graduate Development Programme
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938