You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 22 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 21,999.0 per year
Human Resources Placement
Are you an undergraduate looking for a challenging and rewarding 12 month internship with Disney?
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine gaining valuable skills to add to your degree within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale.
Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship. You will receive constructive on-the-job training and the opportunity to take on real responsibility within a supportive and encouraging business environment. As a valued employee you will receive essential knowledge to help you achieve success in your placement and onwards in your career.
HR at Disney
Our Human Resources teams work at the heart of Disney’s businesses, playing a key role in supporting our cast members across the whole Company. We have in-house experts in areas including Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Benefits, Learning and Development, HR Business Partnering, Employee Services, Employee Relations and HR Information Systems & Analytics.
We offer HR internships based in our London (Hammersmith) Office, focused on Generalist HR, Learning and Development or Talent Acquisition (recruitment). Additionally, we offer a HR internship based in our Lutterworth (Leicester) Office which supports our Disney Store Cast members.
These HR internships offer fantastic exposure and hands on experience to a wide range of responsibilities and will be an excellent springboard for your future career in Human Resources.
HR Generalist Intern
As the HR Generalist Intern you will play an integral role in supporting the Global HR Operations team. With a wide range of responsibilities, the successful candidate will gain insight into the various stages of the employee lifecycle and have exposure to a wide range of HR processes. You will be the main contact point for all HR queries allowing you to develop a concrete understanding of HR principles. The ideal candidate requires the ability to prioritise, manage time efficiently and strong communication skills.
Talent Acquisition Intern
This intern will support the Disney TA team and aid them in the recruitment process for the Disney EMEA organisation. The role involves screening candidates, attending briefings with hiring managers and interacting with internal and external stakeholders. The successful intern will get an insight into the recruitment process at Disney at all levels as well as play an active role in helping the Director of Executive Search scan the market for candidates.
Learning and Development Intern
The learning and development intern will be working for the vast EMEA team, communicating with senior employees internationally. Responsibilities will include organising and hosting our extensive leadership programmes, hence the ideal candidate should have strong project management skills, communication skills and be able to multi task effectively.
- You will be studying towards a relevant HR or business related degree, with a passion for Human Resources
- Excellent attention to detail, with the ability to effectively multi-task and manage confidential information
- Ideally have some experience in a Customer facing role
- MUST specify in your application your preference for a Generalist HR, Learning and Development or Talent Acquisition Internship
- MUST be an undergraduate returning to full time education in 2020
- MUST have the right to work in the UK
What we offer:
- The opportunity to develop your skills and experience and help build the foundations of your future career
- The chance to work in a fantastic team environment, learning from the best and with the support of a brilliant community of interns
- Amazing opportunities to work on charity projects within the community, including participating in our Disney VoluntEar schemes
- The opportunity to be part of Company-wide learning and development initiatives including training sessions, networking sessions, participation in our Annual Learning Expo and more!
- The chance to attend Family and Friends Screenings with the opportunity to see the latest Disney releases in our in-house cinema or at the West End
- Annual salary of £21,000 with 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) and fabulous discounts on Disney products
We will give you the opportunity to gain experience working for the world’s most leading entertainment company! There is no better place to show what you’re made of – apply now!
Please apply with your CV and covering letter; please note applications without covering letters will not be considered.
Your covering letter should include the following information and be around 400 words:
- Why have you chosen Disney?
- Why have you chosen this specific internship?
- Why should Disney choose you for the 12 month placement?
- Indicate your preferred internship: HR Operations, Talent Acquisition or Learning and Development.
About The Walt Disney Company
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company Ltd., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney International.
About Walt Disney International:
Working directly with amazing brands, you and your team will touch lives around the world. Get ready to be creative, work with advanced technology and grow your skills with a pioneer in entertainment and technology. Join us, and be part of the story.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
FactSet helps the world’s best investment professionals outperform. Whether our clients are at a meeting or on the road, they use FactSet to monitor global markets, public and private companies and equity and fixed income portfolios all in one place.
Our mission is to provide our clients with everything they need to do
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 1,001-10,000 employees
- Founded in 1978
London Rd, London SE1