You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 16 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 2,500.0 per month
Our Infrastructure Security business plays a pivotal role in differentiating on major projects and has established itself as a professional offering in the market place amongst private and public sectors. We pride ourselves on our high standards and the commitment with which we engage with our clients to help them find approaches to solving their challenging and complex problems. Our projects are founded on proven security analysis and sound engineering / technical capability.
As a Graduate Security Consultant, you’ll get to see your ideas put into place across a wide range of specialisms from counter-terrorism through physical and electronic security designs to strategy and master planning in the built environment.
Join us in our vision to be the world’s best Infrastructure Consultancy, working with a broad range of clients to influence policy, future technology and global sustainability.
What you’ll be doing
We develop innovative solutions to help our clients realise their vision in a safe and secure environment. In a highly analytical role, you could find yourself involved in a broad range of activities including:
• Threat and risk analysis
• Security risk management
• All design stages for all security functions
• Security operations and procedures
• Strategies, schemes and Master-planning
• Counter-terrorism and protective security
• Physical security
• Electronic security systems
• Explosive blast and weapons effects on structures
• Continuity and resilience for security threats
• Concept of Operations
Where you’ll be based
Opportunities are available in London
Who we’re looking for
• Talented graduates with/expecting a 2.2 or above BSc degree (or equivalent) in in a technical discipline (e.g. engineering or sciences) or a security related discipline
• Ideally an MSc in a security related discipline
• Good written standard of English and oral communication abilities
• Good IT skills, Word and Excel as a minimum
• Ideally a good understanding of relevant software such as AutoCAD, MS Project, specialist blast software etc.
• Ability to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• Strong interpersonal and team working skills
Want to learn more about who we are, our graduates and what makes their life at Atkins so great? Come and look at our people and culture at #InsideAtkins If you would like to keep up to date with all things Atkins, please click the below and start scrolling;
Rewards and Benefits
If you join us you will be working on some of the most challenging engineering projects of our time, helping to shape the future of Infrastructure. You will have opportunities to work closely with clients, spending time within their organisations and taking learning from some of the most experienced engineers in the industry. Our 3-year flexible graduate scheme promises to give you the support you need to develop your technical, commercial and consultancy skills. Some of our benefits, to name a few, include:
- A settling in payment of £2,500 when you join – paid within the first month
- Continuous support and mentoring to achieve chartered status with your chosen institution, funded by Atkins. With a chartership bonus of £2,500 once complete
- A robust career development plan, including a library of core learning modules and on the job technical training
- 25 days’ annual leave, plus bank holidays, with the option to buy up to 15 additional days per year
- 2 volunteer days per year for you to use for a cause that matters to you
- Assigned graduate buddy upon joining and a strong graduate network across all locations
- Various annual events, such as our 2-day graduate induction, ski trips, away weekends and team building activities.
How to apply
Our deadline for applications is Wednesday 2nd January 2019. Some of our programmes are incredibly popular, to avoid disappointment (where some roles may close earlier) we recommend you apply as soon as possible. For further details on our recruitment process please refer to our website.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (or in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
With Atkins, you’ll be joining a team who help to create a world where lives are enriched through the implementation of our ideas from moving people across London faster on Crossrail through to solving the energy challenges of the future.
Our work covers a range of sectors including Transportation, Water, Aerospace, Defence, Energy, t
- Property & Construction, Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1938
Euston Tower, 286 Euston Rd, London, UK