- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 25 Nov, 2018
- Posted on 19 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 19,999.0 per year
At Hilton we have a number of fantastic opportunities for students to join our Finance teams on a 12 month placement. Finance is divided into different departments and the placements are ideally suited to undergraduates looking to gain some experience in either Finance Operations or Accounting, as part of your academic studies.
General Information about the Corporate Intern Programme
As an Intern in our Corporate Office in Watford, you will participate in the Corporate Internship Programme for the duration of your placement with the Company. This will include the below:
- A Welcome Day lasting half a day prior to starting where you will have the opportunity to meet all of the other Interns who will be joining Hilton as well as hearing from some of our current Interns on their Hilton experience.
- A first day induction to welcome you and give you an overview of the Company.
- Intern meetings once a month. These will include a mixture of presentations from business leaders and other guest speakers, training sessions to learn new skills and presentations from your fellow interns.
- The opportunity to shadow up to three of your fellow interns for a day during your placement in order to get some cross exposure and learn from other parts of the business.
- The opportunity to join one of our many Mosaic sub-committees to promote company initiatives including Social, Thrive, Charity and Travel with Purpose.
What are we looking for?
For all of the Finance related Internships, we are looking for individuals with the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Able to manage confidential information with complete discretion.
- Proven ability to deal with large volumes of data in multiple currencies
- Excellent financial reporting and analysis skills
- Intermediate/ Advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of business mathematics (weighted averages, percentages)
- Strong Accounting skills
- Excellent skills in time management, organisation, coordination and communication (written and verbal)
- Able to multi-task under pressure, prioritise effectively and meet tight deadlines.
- Demonstrates a proactive, common sense approach.
- Commitment to accuracy and excellent attention to detail and administration skills.
- Well organised and assertive with a high degree of positive energy and drive.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
Qualifications and Experience
- Currently enrolled to university working towards a bachelor’s degree
- The Finance Operations role is open for applications from all degree disciplines, all other Finance Internship roles are looking for a Finance related degree
- Available for a 12 months placement as part of an undergraduate degree course starting in July 2019
- A keen interest in working in a numerical and data driven environment
- Some of the finance roles require a desire for the individual to return to Hilton and complete a professional financial qualification ( CIMA, ACCA)
- Highly skilled in using MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Excel programmes.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal.
With thousands of hotels in over 106 countries and territories, Hilton offers countless opportunities to delight. From an open door to a welcoming smile and an exceptional experience, we offer the millions of travellers who stay with us every year a welcome they will never forget. If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we're here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 5,150 properties with more than 838,000 rooms in 103 countries and territories. In the nearly 100 years since our founding (1919), we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 14 world-class brands, including our flag
- Health & Social Care, Sport, Leisure & Tourism
- in London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1919