You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 05 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
These part time internships run until the end of March 2019 for two sessions a week, preferably two afternoons, i.e. from 12.45 – 17.00, to include 30 minutes for lunch (provided free as part of the package).
These posts are likely to appeal to post-graduate students working on a Master’s degree or a Doctorate, or to a post-doctoral student taking a sabbatical before entering the world of full-time employment. They offer the opportunity to spend time gaining some paid work-experience in an educational environment, utilising the knowledge and skills developed during university studies. They are not exclusively designed for aspiring teachers, but would clearly be of particular benefit to those considering a career in teaching. As well as the usual school subjects, we teach Classics all the way through to A Level and teach Philosophy, Psychology, Economics, Film Studies, History of Art, and PE at A Level.The successful candidates will become members of the School’s teaching staff and will support students in a number of ways:
- Providing Upper School Extension sessions during the second half of lunch-times and after school. These will focus on leading discussion around topics of interest, current research etc. to sixth-form students who are contemplating studying their subject / subject area at university.
- Providing support or developing topics with individual students or groups of students in the Upper School during afternoon lesson time.
- Providing some Upper School Enrichment sessions during the second half of lunch-times and after-school, i.e. talks which are less subject-intense and would interest not only students studying the subject itself, but a wider range of students as part of their general education.
- Supporting the general academic work of a department or range of departments, as directed by the Head of Department and Deputy Head (Academic).
What we are looking forApplicants should be conscientious, reliable and have good inter-personal skills. You will enjoy working with young people as part of a small team, but also be able to show initiative and be self-motivating.
Accepted degree subjects
- teacher training and education
How to apply
If you wish to apply, an application form is available via the Apply button This will need to be completed and a CV and referees supplied, along with a covering letter and your completed equal opportunities monitoring form. As the post involves working with pupils, an enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check will need to be undertaken as part of the appointment process.Applications should be submitted no later than noon on the closing date. Interviews will be held the following week.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 18/09/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 18/09/2018Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.