You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 24 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- Be part of a team whose research and analysis influences business decisions up to the highest levels of our organisation
- Work on short-term and longer term projects with different stakeholders in Content, Product, Sales and Marketing
- Be part of a global company with a strong history of growth and a globally diverse workforce with 20 offices spanning five continents.
- Be known to work for a respected source of essential information and part of a renowned brand.
- Get the best of both worlds: a nimble, highly specialized company and a business casual culture with the benefits and backing of S&P Global – a company that fosters development and growth, as well as work-life balance.
- We are looking for world-class thinkers to join our team at S&P Global Platts, the principal provider of commodity price assessment and information to more than 10,000 customers in 150 countries. The content you generate and the relationships you build are essential to the markets.
- Scheduled and ad hoc projects, with the latter emerging due to changes in market conditions means that the work is never staid and no two projects are the same.
What’s in it for you?
- 10-week summer internship commencing in June/July 2019
- Training in our methods and tools
- Exposure to a fast paced market research and analysis team
- Gather an in-depth understanding of how evidence based insight, compiled through research studies drive business decisions
- Stay up-to date on advanced means of intelligence gathering
- Enhanced research and analysis skills in addition to other transferable skills such as communication, interpersonal, presentation/public speaking and organization skills.
- Opportunity to learn about various aspects of Oil, Power, Natural Gas, LNG, Coal, Petrochemicals, Metals, Agriculture and/or Shipping markets
- Receive hands-on research and experiences as well as conducting research
- Assist in quantitative market research studies: contributions can include refining the target audience, formatting the do not contact lists and testing the survey links prior to fielding
- Assist in quality control of the internal intelligence tracking portal (Platts 360) and disseminate relevant information to stakeholders.
- Research tasks on latest trends and external developments in the market that potentially influence Platts customers and non-customer’s sentiment towards Platts
- Creating presentations to communicate results to the business in the most innovative and compelling fashion
- Help with closed loop reporting which feeds from insight reporting
- Help to develop customer insight historical database for running longitudinal studies
What we’re looking for:
- Fully matriculated students maintaining a minimum 2.1 in a BSc or BA degree, or equivalent
- Postgraduate & Undergraduate students in their penultimate year of studies ONLY
- All degrees welcome: Business, Marketing, Economics, Mathematics, Finance, or Statistics
- Strong communication (good verbal skills, listening techniques, and a clear, concise writing style)
- Able to learn quickly, multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment
- Understand importance of building strong relationships and partnering with team members
- Problem-solving, time-management, attention to detail & organizational abilities to work efficiently with clients
- Intellectually curious; the ability to learn quickly
- Some knowledge of SPSS and Qualtrics is desirable
- Significant comfort level with suite of Microsoft Office products (Word, Outlook, PowerPoint Excel)
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About S&P Global
At S&P Global, we don’t give you intelligence—we give you essential intelligence. The essential intelligence you need to make decisions with conviction. We’re the world’s foremost provider of ratings, benchmarks and analytics in the global capital and commodity markets. Our divisions include:
• S&P Global Ratings, which provides
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1917