You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Rochester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 16,800.0 per year
As a Software Engineer, you’ll create cutting edge software for our hardware. You’ll be involved in the entire lifecycle of a product, from design and development to integration.
From head up displays and flight controls to missile targeting systems, the quality of our software is every bit as important as our hardware. In this key role, you’ll be responsible for the code that underpins these products. It’s a challenge that will see you getting involved in the entire development lifecycle of a product, from requirements capture to design, development, testing and integration.
As well as writing code, you’ll find yourself carrying out a whole range of important tasks – from communicating with clients and creating UML diagrams to assisting with final system integration.
Work closely with both Electronic and Systems engineers, you'll enable the development of complex real-world systems that have to perform perfectly every time, as the consequences of failure could be catastrophic.
Apply your talent where it counts.
Rewards and benefits
You can make a real impact during your internship. And you can expect real rewards package too over the 12 weeks, with 6.5 days’ holiday a potential fast track to our graduate schemes, subject to performance and availability.
- £16,800 p/a pro rata.
- £1400 per month for Consulting, Engineering and Project Management roles in Cyber Security.
What you’ll need
- To join our Business or Engineering summer internship schemes you must be on course for at least a 2:2 Bachelor's degree in a related subject.
- For finance, you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a related subject and also have 112 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- For summer internship roles in Cyber Security you must be on course for at least a 2:1 Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Maths subject and also have 128 UCAS points (as per the 2017 UCAS tariff) or equivalent, excluding General Studies.
- You will also need to be available for the full 12 weeks.
We are an inclusive employer and strive to recruit, retain and inspire the best people from the widest pool. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are happy to discuss any adjustments or arrangements, as required, to support your application.
As a defence contractor there are security obligations placed on the Company meaning that all our applicants must be able to successfully achieve the relevant level of security clearance to join us.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About BAE Systems
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions .
Working with customers and partners, we develop, engineer, manufacture and support products and systems to deliver military capability and national security solutions – helping to protect people and keep critical inf
- Engineering & industrial
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1999