- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 30 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Starting in February 2019 the role of the Garment Technologist Assistant will be to assist the Garment Technician in regards to creating technical packs for production, fit meetings, pre-production samples, and quality control for luxury garments. Please note, this position is only available for students and lasts for a minimum of 6 months.
- Should have knowledge of garment construction, attention to detail, understand patterns and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Excel and Illustrator skills required at an Intermediate level.
- Fluent English written and verbally.
- Know how to prioritise and organise work.
- Applicant must be a student and still in education
- Able to work on weekends prior to LFW shows.
- Assist in measuring and photographing show and pre-production samples prior to fit meetings/ before and after technical packs are being created.
- Attend fit meetings and record notes, take photos & assist the Garment Technologist where possible.
- Translating recorded notes into individual technical packs ready for production and/or writing up notes from fit meetings to pattern cutters.
- Assist with technical drawings and photos where necessary.
- Work closely with other departments; the pattern cutters, product developer and the line manager to ensure clear communication.
- Able to help other departments if needed.
- Check patterns are correct and are measured.
- Send patterns to graders and check they are correct on return of the size sets graded.
- Ensure comments are issued to and received by suppliers.
- Communication with factories to ensure construction and quality of garments are understood clearly.
- Update technical and pattern status plans for when tech packs have been created/ PPS received/ patterns graded.
- Assist in updating technical specifications.
- Assisting senior team members in factory visits to carry out quality control inspections, reviewing any manufacturing issues with the factories.
- Request show samples from press for production.
- Able to complete tasks given in a time period/ deadlines
What you will learn / we will teach you:
- How to measure garments for technical purposes.
- How to take photographs of garments for professional use.
- How to draw up points of measure in Illustrator on technical drawings.
- How to create technical packs for factories.
- How to check card and digital patterns.
- How to record/ log in and book different couriers for shipments in UK and internationally .
- How to carry out a quality control check on finished garments.
- How to approve/ reject pre-production samples.
- How to update technical and pattern plans.
- How to send patterns to grade.
- How to use a fashion software.
- How the fashion industry works both in head office and factories.
Expenses paid for in London zones 1-5.
Please apply with a CV and covering letter. Only successful candidates will be contactedAPPLY HERE
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.