- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 29 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Starting in February 2019 the role of the Garment Technologist Assistant will be to assist the Garment Technician in regards to creating technical packs for production, fit meetings, pre-production samples, and quality control for luxury garments. Please note, this position is only available for students and lasts for a minimum of 6 months.
- Should have knowledge of garment construction, attention to detail, understand patterns and take a logical and pro-active approach to problem solving.
- Excel and Illustrator skills required at an Intermediate level.
- Fluent English written and verbally.
- Know how to prioritise and organise work.
- Applicant must be a student and still in education
- Able to work on weekends prior to LFW shows.
- Assist in measuring and photographing show and pre-production samples prior to fit meetings/ before and after technical packs are being created.
- Attend fit meetings and record notes, take photos & assist the Garment Technologist where possible.
- Translating recorded notes into individual technical packs ready for production and/or writing up notes from fit meetings to pattern cutter