You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 14 Sep, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 33,000.0 per year
Our client is looking for an associate to join their three-year graduate programme. The successful candidate will have access to industry leading training, and the opportunity to rotate through the most illustrious and in-demand sector teams including Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology.
Our client offers a high graduate salary, very generous bonuses, and tangible career progression. They also provide the right candidate the opportunity to work with high calibre individuals in an inclusive, professional, and mature environment. You will work from prestigious offices in the City of London.
Our client is one of the most prestigious and elite mid-sized executive search firms internationally. They provide services to blue-chip clients across the financial and corporate world where they specialise in providing executive search, advisory services and commercial due diligence. Our client operates within the Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology space, as well as other sectors. Interestingly this firm not only places executives within newly acquired private equity backed businesses, but also places investors into private equity firms themselves.
As an Associate on the Graduate Programme you will have an initial training period of approximately eight weeks and you will then rotate through the Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology sector teams, allowing you to gain exposure to all aspects of the business. This has many advantages including providing an opportunity to learn how all the sectors relate to each other in the business world, enabling you learn from a wide variety of experienced colleagues, successfully integrating you into the firm and providing you an opportunity to discover which specialism you are keen to develop your career in.
As an Associate on the Graduate Programme you will drive research, work with and support the consultant to assist in the preparation of client pitches, presentations, interviews and candidate short-listing within Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology industry sectors. Responsibilities will include:
- Attend client meetings
- Write reports for clients
- Obtain up-to-date information about the client
- Ensure high quality presentation material
- Name identification – wide use of internal and external sources of information (database, directories, press etc) within the Corporate, Financial Services and Private Equity sectors
- Phone research to identify candidates through calls to companies and individuals directly
- Gain relevant factual information and qualitative third party source comment on individuals they are tracking
- Approaching candidates, handling questions / objections, understanding career motivations, assessing potential candidates by telephone prior to inviting them for interview
- Production of Long-list (all candidates who meet the specification) based on client’s brief
- Identify key questions / gaps in information ahead of interview
- Attend interviews
- Generating and maintaining up-to-date records of moves and changes within specific sectors including Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology
Our client is looking for an Associate to join the Graduate Programme who has shown a real involvement in university life and actively sought challenges and positions of responsibility. You will have conducted interesting and unusual extra-curricular activities. Your strong intellect must be demonstrated by a 2.1 degree (minimum) from a top university and ABB (minimum) at A Level. Prior work or internship experience within a Investment Banking, Private Equity, Consumer and Technology or professional services organisation is preferred but not essential. As a successful Associate on the Graduate Programme you will possess:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Drive and ambition
- A high level of confidence, initiative and an ability to work without close supervision
- The desire to learn quickly about business news, industry developments and detailed information about specific companies within Corporate, Financial Services and Private Equity industry sectors
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- An engaging personality
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Denton Search
Denton Search is a leading international search to search consultancy working in the tier one executive search market. We focus on executive search appointments and specialise in finding researchers, associates, consultants and partners.
We were founded in 2008 by one of the leading figures in search to search. We advise a wide variety
- Recruitment & HR
- London, UK
- Founded in 2008