You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 11 Aug, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
iwoca is breaking down the barriers that stop Europe’s 20 million small businesses from accessing finance. Traditional bank loans have slow application processes, inflexible terms and burdensome criteria. In contrast, we use cutting-edge technology to offer flexible access to credit with a five minute application process and a decision in hours.
Since 2012, we've lent over £400 million to over 20,000 businesses across Europe. Our customers include everything from cafés to car dealers, salons to solicitors. Along the way we have built a sophisticated technology platform, won numerous awards and grown a fun, and vibrant team.
However, we’re still near the start of our journey – our aim is to finance a million small businesses within a decade and so we need more smart, hands-on people to help us reach this goal.
As a Technical Analyst at iwoca, you’ll be responsible for facilitating collaboration between various teams, to effectively test and roll-out new system releases and updates. You’ll be given the opportunity to work across a range of diverse projects, including both strategic planning as well as more tactical initiatives.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Working with subject matter experts within the business to capture requirements and create Product Backlogs
- Identifying improvement opportunities and communicating them to relevant teams, such as tech, risk and operations
- Creating and managing the roadmap for development and roll-out of system changes which enhance our business
- Managing senior stakeholders both internally as well as externally, to flesh out requirements and to agree the roadmap and timelines for implementation e.g. leading ecommerce platforms, brokerage companies, accounting companies, banks, B2B sales platforms
- Supporting our CTO in various data analysis and product improvement activities
- A 2:1 or above in a quantitative degree from a leading university (Business, Engineering, Science, etc.)
- Highly organised and proactive, with experience working across a variety of projects within an AGILE environment
- Experience working with either Python, R or Matlab is desirable but not essential
- Proven ability to take ownership, work with stakeholders to properly understand problems / challenges and develop the best solutions
- Comfortable challenging the status quo
- Ability to manage through ambiguity to achieve clarity when needed
- Great at managing stakeholders (understanding requirements, providing timely updates on progress and explanations for any changes to the roadmap, etc.) and able to effectively facilitate collaboration amongst various teams (Tech & Risk, country operations teams, marketing, etc.)
- Fluent English is essential ... and we’re also looking for a Polish speaking BA too
In addition to a competitive salary, we also provide the following:
- A smart, fun and internationally diverse team - together, we represent over 35 different nationalities
- Company retreats in great locations - we have at least two per year in places like the French Alps and by the Spanish seaside
- A really lovely office in central London - we’re right by Tottenham Court Road, and close to the bars, theatres and restaurants in Soho and Fitzrovia
- Pool, ping pong, foosball tables and tournaments, morning yoga and an ever-growing number of active clubs (you can set up your own!) - such as climbing, chess, cycling, football, running, boxing, etc
- Regular novelty perks such as free massages, which can be proposed by anyone in the team
- Plenty of drinks and snacks in our office kitchen
- Cycle-to-work scheme for great value bikes
- Company-wide talks with internal and external speakers
- Enhanced maternity/paternity leave and shared parental leave
- Stock options for all employees after 6 months within the business
- 25 days holiday a year, plus all UK Bank holidays, plus a day off for your birthday
- The opportunity to give your time to support a charity of your choice, via a paid volunteering day
- Additional leave so that you can take more time to go travelling or to study, outside of your holiday allowance
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
It's no secret that banks aren't lending to small businesses. That’s why we’re on a mission to break down the barriers small businesses and startups face when accessing finance.
Our fast and flexible facilities between £1,000 - £150,000 can help small businesses place larger stock orders, bridge cash flow gaps, or invest in growth. It’s fr
- Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 51-200 employees
- Founded in 2011