- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
We’re building the world’s best bank, and we can only do this if we hire world-class people. Monzo has grown from less than 200 to 450+ people in the last 6 months, and we aren’t stopping! We want you to support that growth by sourcing and recruiting talented, diverse people for our Ops teams who are just as passionate about our mission. As the team lead, you’ll also coach and directly line-manage other recruiters.
You’ll spend your time:
- Leading our Ops recruitment strategy, from frontline customer operations (COps) to banking operations analysts and senior operations leaders
- Coaching and line-managing multiple recruiters in the team
- Scaling our Ops hiring across three sites, in the UK and USA
- Getting hands-on when needed to recruit the right people for our Ops teams
You’ll be a mentor and manager in our Ops Support team
You’ll mentor other members of the team, sharing your experiences and empowering them in their decision-making. As we’re growing quickly you’ll also be the line manager of multiple people in the team based on and offsite. You’ll be an experienced manager with great examples of developing and growing others in a supportive, empathetic way.
You’ll work with Ops Hiring Managers to structure and run great hiring processes
Our hiring managers are often busy team leads and executives. They’ll need your help to identify what skills they’re looking for and how best to assess these. You’ll be confident challenging their thinking and asking the right questions to figure this out. You’ll help other recruiters in the team manage their workloads to make sure we’re all focusing on the right things.
You’ll be passionate about making processes work better
We constantly refine our hiring processes to make them simpler and more effective. You’ll use data to work out what’s going well and where things could be better, and share your findings with key stakeholders. Hiring is fast-paced, so you’ll empower other people to do as much as they can for themselves, making sure your team adds the most value possible.
You’ll care deeply about diversity and inclusiveness, and giving candidates an amazing experience
We want to go the extra mile to make sure that every applicant to every job feels valued, respected and never wavers in their support for Monzo, whatever the outcome of their application. You’ll know where to find the right candidates from a range of backgrounds and have ideas about how to make sure they feel welcome at Monzo. And once we’ve decided we want to hire someone, you’ll move mountains in the background to make it an effortless, pleasant process, and keep that excitement burning.
You should apply if:
- You’ve significant experience recruiting for a wide range of roles, from graduate level to senior members of the team
- You have experience line-managing, preferably across multiple sites
- You can adapt your approach to work with a range of stakeholders with different needs
- You care deeply about inclusiveness and diversity in hiring
- You’re excited by what we’re doing here at Monzo!
Bonus points if:
- You've experience recruiting in-house at a startup
- You’ve previously worked in a tech startup/company.
The application process consists of a short phone interview, followed by a practical written exercise with a follow up call, and a couple of on-site interviews at our office in London.
We care deeply about inclusive working practices and diverse teams. If you’d prefer to work part-time or as a job-share, we’ll facilitate this wherever we can - whether to help you meet other commitments or to help you strike a great work-life balance. We’re keen to ensure we’re designing a bank that works for everyone, so we particularly encourage applications from different underrepresented demographics.
Competitive salary (taking into account experience and any specialism) plus stock options and other benefits.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About Monzo Bank
Since we started we’ve been busy building the best current account in the world. We now have more than one mill
- Technology & IT, Banking & Financial Services
- in London, UK
- 201-500 employees
- Founded in 2015