You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- Stevenage, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
- £ 26,250.0 per year
What’s the opportunity?
Weapon System Architecture & Equipment (WSAE) is a growing, multi-national group that provides a variety of different engineering and specialist skills across a number of projects within MBDA. As the complexity of the battlefield increases, so too do our customers’ capability needs. Consequently, the WSAE group has evolved to providethe necessary expertise across a large range of weapon system aspects, much wider than just the missile itself.
What will you be doing?
These are examples of the capabilities WSAE develop and provide our customers:
- Communication systems with in-flight missiles and between platforms and operators.
- Ability to plan, model and adapt missile routes, both pre-flight and during flight, to optimise the effectiveness of the weapon.
- Innovative physical and functional/logic-based architectures, which enable modularity and reuse between systems and projects.
- Sophisticated engagement chains and data management software, to support the delivery of missile systems.
- Optimised integration of human operations and interaction in to product design.
- Ability to rehearse, test and train in the use of our systems.
We provide systems engineering to each of the stages of the product development life-cycle ranging from understanding the required system behaviours from a variety of viewpoints, system design and specification, through to integration, test, and analysis of achieved system performance.
What’s great about joining this team?
- A Weapon System is much more than just a missile – WSAE provides world class products and solutions to deliver complex systems and all-round capabilities to our Customers. With such a diverse range of skills, expertise and domains, WSAE offers you the ability to get a great overview of what makes a Weapon System.
- Work across a variety of projects and engineering disciplines throughout WSAE as part of a large, international Group.
- A breadth of experience and support available in the department which include a buddy system to welcome you into MBDA, access to the mentoring scheme and regular informal meetings with other ECP members in WSAE.
- You will be working in an assistive and collaborative open plan working environment and systems laboratories, aimed at aiding your learning and development.
What we are looking for from you?
WSAE are looking to employ and develop a diverse group of young ‘Weapon System’ engineers in order to enable the group to support its customer needs both now and in the future. Due to the varied nature of engineering we cover, WSAE would welcome a well performing applicant from any applicable field (e.g. working towards a 2.2 in subjects such as Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Computer Science...). More importantly, we are interested in what skills, qualities and potential you have:
- Could you abstract away from the finer details and see the bigger picture?
- Could you gain a breadth of understanding of complex systems and apply your knowledge to various subjects/other engineering domains?
- Could you adapt to switch between customer-focused and technical-focused activities?
- Do you have other interests/experience that you could apply?
- What sets you apart from your peers?
Why you should come and work at MBDA
MBDA, a world leader in missiles and missile systems, is a multi-national group with over 10,000 employees on industrial facilities in France, Germany, Italy, the United Kingdom and a presence in the United States. With some of the most sophisticated technology in defence, MBDA offers a wide range of advanced weapon systems for maritime Superiority, Air Dominance, Ground Based Air Defence and Battlefield Engagement.
What would you get?
Starting Salary of £26,250 with two pay reviews per year during the first 2 years, joining bonus of £2000 if you have a Bachelors or £2500 if you have a Master's, paid, flexible working hours, paid overtime, a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, Annual Company Bonus schemes and superb learning and development opportunities.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About MBDA UK
A world leader in missiles and missile systems.
Our multi-national organisation is made up of over 10,000 employees working across the UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain and the US, and is the first truly integrated European defence company.
As the European champion in our sector, our vision is to continue to grow our prese
- Engineering & industrial
- Stevenage, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 2001
Six Hills Way, Stevenage, UK