You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 27 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Our Finance team is at the heart of all key business decisions in American Express. You will join our premier global network of change makers, discover how Finance goes beyond the numbers and shape the future of the business. You will diversify your skill set and gain exposure by working on high profile projects- analysing and simplifying complex data to identify areas of value and consult the business to drive more profitable decisions.
The graduate role will involve working as a Finance Analyst in any of our Finance teams supporting a range of business areas such as Global Consumer, Corporate Products, Bank Partnerships, International Business Development or Small Merchant Business. Finance Analyst roles will focus on the development of your analytical and relationship building skills, as well as challenging your strategic thinking and understanding.
You will be part of a wider American Express Graduate Programme which will include a structured induction, thorough training and development, in depth Finance specific training and full support if you wish to pursue further professional qualifications.
What type of work can you expect to do in Finance at American Express?
* Develop relationships in a complex global matrix organization.
* Use American Express big data to identify market trends, key metrics, solve problems, and influence executive decision-making.
* Develop new data analytics and tools in order to drive scalable insights and business strategy.
* Provide decision support on investment strategies for products, identification of key market drivers for business generation and business profitability, and resource allocation.
* Work closely with Operational and Finance management and their teams to obtain a comprehensive understanding of the business and its evolving needs.
Do you have what it takes to build a career here?
* Analytical skills
* Strong ability to turn data into actionable insights and draw conclusions
* Impeccable commercial acumen with ability to see the bigger picture and effectively collaborate to help influence senior leadership
* Eagerness to learn and use SQL to extract and manipulate data, or with other programming or scripting languages.
* Excellent quantitative, written, and presentation skills; innovative, organised and thorough
* Ability to build relationships across teams and effective networking skills
* Currently enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree programme or a Master’s programme in your final year of study (any degree discipline)
* A minimum of 320 UCAS points and a predicted 2:1 degree or international equivalent
Why American Express?
There’s a difference between having a job and making a difference.
American Express has been making a difference in people’s lives for over 160 years,
backing them in moments big and small, granting access, tools, and resources to take
on their biggest challenges and reap the greatest rewards.
We’ve also made a difference in the lives of our people, providing a culture of learning
and collaboration, and helping them with what they need to succeed and thrive. We
have their backs as they grow their skills, conquer new challenges, or even take time to
spend with their family or community. And when they’re ready to take on a new career
path, we’re right there with them, giving them the guidance and momentum into the
best future they envision.
Because we believe that the best way to back our customers is to back our people.
The powerful backing of American Express.
Don’t make a difference without it.
Don’t live life without it.
Equal Opportunities Statement
American Express is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by law
If you require any assistance with the completion of this process – or need any reasonable adjustments to be made – then please contact the Campus Recruitment team on firstname.lastname@example.org
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.
Application deadline – 18th November 2018
Schedule (Full-Time/Part-Time): Full-time
Date Posted: Oct 25, 2018, 7:55:14 AM
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
About American Express
American Express is a global service company, providing customers with exceptional access to products, insights and experiences that enrich lives and build business success. We employ more than 50,000 people across four continents and are proud to be recognised as one of the best places to work. Our impressive scale demonstrates that you can
- Banking & Financial Services
- Brighton, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1850