You just missed it! This job already expired. Discover similar jobs with Advance…
- London, UK
- Full-time employment
- Posted on 26 Oct, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
2019 Bloomberg Data Analyst - January to March Start Date London
You love the pace of the financial markets, always on the pulse with movements relating to financial news. You understand the importance of the underlying data and enjoy the challenge of solving complex problems. You're just the sort of person we are looking for to join Global Data.
Bloomberg runs on data and technology. In Global Data, we’re responsible for on-boarding, analysing, and supplying data to help answer our clients’ questions. We manage data and workflow processes on the Bloomberg Terminal to help our clients solve problems such as how to measure the risk of monsoons in Vietnam, so clients looking to invest in agriculture there can make more informed decisions; or how to measure the real wealth of people in Venezuela, for clients who want to open stores in South America. We analyse data so our teams can turn it into insights.
What’s the role?
You will apply your problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies, implement technical solutions to enhance our systems, products and processes. You will build relationships with key players in the financial market by providing exceptional client support whilst managing the financial data that feeds the Bloomberg Terminal.
What you can expect from this opportunity?
New starters will take part in a two week training programme which will enhance your financial knowledge, your understanding of our clients and help you build relationships throughout the company. The training will comprise of financial concepts, data and the functions of our Terminal.
During the recruitment process, we will look to match you with one of the following product areas; Commodities, Corporate Finance, Derivatives, Equities, Earnings Estimates, Economic Statistics, Fixed Income, FX, Funds or Global Data Analytics. You will then have the opportunity to specialise in one of four paths under each product area; technical, financial market expertise, project management or leadership.
We'll trust you to:
- Acquire, update, maintain and process financial data using various internal systems and proprietary company software
- Generate innovative ways to enhance our systems and make our data related processes more efficient, accurate and timely
- Enhance relationships with Terminal users to provide subject matter expertise by quickly and accurately answering client enquiries
- Provide a platinum level of service to Bloomberg customers
- Participate in time-sensitive projects, and collaborate with your global colleagues to deliver new initiatives
- Develop expertise in a fast-moving market
You'll need to have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent qualification in Finance, Informatics, Mathematics, Economics, Business or other applied sciences
- Background in finance, information technology, data analysis or research
- Strong understanding of the wide-ranging impact of financial data
- Demonstrated programming experience (Python, SQL, C++, R)
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Demonstrable client facing experience
- Effective project management skills; ability to prioritise tasks accordingly and handle multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast paced, changing environment
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
We would love to see:
- Written and verbal fluency in a second language
Does this sound like you?
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com. Alternatively, you can get support from our disability partner EmployAbility, please contact +44 7852 764 684 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Born in 1981, Bloomberg is the world's primary distributor of financial data and a top news provider of the 21st century. A global information and technology company, we use our dynamic network of data, ideas and analysis to solve difficult problems. Our customers around the world rely on us to deliver accurate, real-time business and market
- Technology & IT, Banking & Financial Services
- London, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1981
3 Queen Victoria St, London, UK