- Chester, UK
- Full-time employment
- Apply by 09 Jan, 2019
- Posted on 10 Nov, 2018
- Start date:
- Visa Sponsor
Chester, United Kingdom Job Description:Corporate Title: Officer Location: Chester Line of Business: Equity Derivatives
Seeking a new career within an exciting, growing team? Is it your dream to interact and learn from business partners across a world-leading financial institution?
We are currently seeking a committed and numerically minded Trade Control Analyst to join our Equity Derivatives EMEA Trade Control team. In return you’ll be joining a dynamic, supportive team, will have access to ongoing training and opportunities for career development, and be working from our office in Chester, so you don’t have to travel to London to start building a rewarding career with us.
What will your responsibilities include?
- Leading trade capture processes to ensure all trades are booked accurately
- Investigating and resolving position breaks across multiple reconciliations
- Working closely with the front and offices to resolve breaks
- Daily reporting of any breaks across all reconciliations for Futures, Forwards, Options, Listed/OTC, Interbook Swaps & Margin to the EMEA Management reporting team ensuring sufficient commentary is included
- Ongoing trade maintenance
- Handling trade life cycle events such as resets and expiries
- Supporting the Trading Desk across all Middle Office functions in a timely and accurate manner.
- Reviewing and resolving daily Out of Balances.
- Identifying and reporting breaks that require manual matching to the US Trade Control team that do not fall within the automatch parameters
- Carrying out project work which could include Root Cause Analysis, Risk Control Self Assessments, and Training materials
What skills/competencies will you possess?Skills:
- Determination and drive; works well in a high-energy, rapidly changing environment while maintaining excellent attention to detail
- Keen desire to learn and progress within financial services
- Highly dedicated; able to identify problems and seek solutions
- Excellent written and verbal interpersonal skills
- Team-player; works well with others to deliver as part of a team
- Ownership; able to take responsibility and really commit
- Well organized and able to prioritize
- Highly adaptable
- Demonstrates analytical skills as a keen problem solver
- Good education background degree level is helpful
- Competent in Microsoft Office
- Interest in key accounting principles and concepts
About Bank of America Merrill LynchBank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services. Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the global banking and markets businesses.
The company has had a presence in EMEA since 1922. With offices in 23 countries on three continents, it offers an integrated and comprehensive set of products and services across Global Corporate and Investment Banking, Global Markets and Consumer Card, serving the needs of individual, corporate, institutional and government clients, combining the best of local knowledge and global expertise. Developing solutions for social and environmental challenges is at the core of Bank of America Merrill Lynch’s responsibility platform. In more than 90 countries around the world, we partner with employees, clients and stakeholders to help make financial lives better.
ApplyIf you‘re interested in this opportunity please send your details to us by applying online.
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
Discover thousands of graduate jobs on Advance.careers. We deliver you the entire UK job market.
Bank of America is one of the world's leading financial institutions, serving individual consumers, small- and middle-market businesses, large corporations and governments with a full range of financial and risk management products and services.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is the marketing name for the Global Banking and Markets busi
- Investment banking & Fund Management, Banking & Financial Services
- in Chester, UK
- 10,000 employees
- Founded in 1914